“Great Service!”

Georgie's Beachside Grill
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Ask for Jose Balderas! He is knowledgeable and will not steer you wrong based on what you'd like to eat! We called and asked how long for the wait, and Mike the manager helped us get a great table with a great view and he checked in on us as we left, remembering our names. We enjoyed everything from the drinks and bread to the meals.

RicRabourn, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Newlovenewlife20,

Thank you for the great review of your visit and for recognizing Jose and Mike. They are definitely great members of our team! I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable dinner with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Ric Rabourn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,796)

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I have enjoyed Georgie's for over 10 years. The food is excellent as is the service, atmosphere and scenery. Enjoy your meal while watching the pacific ocean. My favorite dish is the fishermans stew. A delectable combination of salmon, shrimp, crab and bay clams in a light tomato base soup.
My friends from all across america are always giddy to text me to let me know they are at Georgie's. I love to text them with a picture of my wife and I having dinner just to get them going.
As long as the food, service and atmosphere remains the same, it will be a destination stop over.

travelerwiseman,

Thank you for your many years of visits to Georgie’s. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and your review. It is an honor to have earned your recommendation.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We visited Newport two years ago and this restaurant impressed me enough then I made it a required stop on our return visit. It lived up to my greatest expectations. Call ahead to decrease wait time, location is perfect with A plus ocean views. Service is fast and efficient, menu expansive enough to satisfy everyone, and prices are reasonable to boot! I had fish and chips, great. We also ordered Salmon, prime rib, and seafood pasta, everyone loved their dishes. They have an interesting window cleaning system to keep the ocean views perfect. I will return again. Highly recommended!

1  Thank nitroused

nitrouseEdB,

Thank you for your return visit to Georgie’s. It is great to hear that we have qualified as a required stop during your travels. We actually a lot of requests from people wanting us to “wash the windows” while they are dining so they can view the waterworks. Thank you again for the review and your return trip to Georgie’s.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The staff are all very friendly and and the service is right on. The food is always delicious and the view of the ocean adds to the meal and atmosphere. We make it in everytime we come into Newport and suggest it to everyone! Great job to all those at Georgie's that make it a great restaurant!

1  Thank Nathan H

Nathan H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at Georgie’s. I am happy to hear that they have been consistently good. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the team.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We weren't sure about a restaurant by a motel, but this is a surprising exception. The service was excellent. Cindy went out of her way to make sure we had what we wanted. She explained substitutions and offered suggestions. The corned beef has was made with tender chunks of corned beef, so tender. It doesn't look like anything that comes out of a can. The fruit was fresh and amazing and I thought by asking for all the berries, I would get a small mixed dish, but there was a dish of each berry. The view is wonderful and all the food was great. When I ordered tea, it was presented with a pot of water and a great selection of high quality teas. Wish I had found this place when we had time to go again.

1  Thank BlackLabMom_13

BlackLabMom_13,

Thank you for the great review of your breakfast at Georgie’s. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Cindy. Thank you again for the review and we are looking forward to your next visit.