“Great food and service on a tough night”

Georgie's Beachside Grill
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
“Great food and service on a tough night”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I chose the Hallmark resort so that we could have a nice Christmas dinner; it was revealing to discover how many of the nicer restaurants along the fabulous Oregon coast are not open for Christmas dinner. We were seated at 5:30 pm and feared we might be rushed since they stopped taking people at 6 pm. We weren't! Our waitress Tami made us feel welcome. The setting is right on the beach which alas we couldn't see at this time of night at this time of year. The meal turkey meal was very well presented and fulsome -- almost felt like we were eating at home. It was the capping to a wonderful meal, especially we had a rather worrisome and somewhat stressful time not knowing for sure that we would have a meal. We had tried on a number of occasions, months and weeks before coming down to confirm a reservation for dinner. When we finally arrived and went to the restaurant the day before Christmas we were told they were all booked up! Not what we wanted to hear having driven all the way down from campus. Anyway, the booking system is complex and mysterious but we were guaranteed that we would eat and eat we did with a fine bottle of Oregon white wine.

• Visited December 2013
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
djp789,

Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort and Georgie's for your Christmas getaway. We are glad to be open for the holidays. Just for clarification, we do take a limited number of reservations during most holidays and they do tend to book up rather quickly. I apologize if we caused you any unnecessary concern or worries. However, I am thrilled to hear your experience was a great one and we delivered on our promise on what was a busy night. Thank you for patronage and review.

Happy Holidays,

Albany OR
“I finally found it, thanks!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

About 20+ years ago, my brother in law took the family out to some little restaurant where I had the best steak of my life. I have never found one that matched until this weekend. Thanks Georgies!!!
We stayed the night at Hallmark Resort (I highly recommend) and being tired, decided to have the room service from Georgies. My husband ordered the sautéed Seafood platter and to say he was pleased is an understatement Yes, there are cheaper captains platters out there if you want deep fried but he liked that it was all sautéed, said it was wonderful. I don't like seafood so take his word for it. They do offer it deep fried if you would rather have that.
I ordered the New York Strip steak with Blue Cheese and Mushrooms in a demi glace sauce (spelling?). It came with choices, I took the garlic mashed potatoes, had mixed veggies and a huge sourdough bread round, which was wonderful.
I am one of those people that apparently ruin meat by asking for it well done, so it is usually tough, but I don't care as long as it is not bleeding on my plate. This steak was perfectly well done, no pink at all, (THANK YOU CHEF!!!!) but tasted like it was med rare, it was juicy, soft and so well flavored. Loved the sauce, loved the blue cheese and I don't like mushrooms but my husband was thrilled to have them off my plate.
Next morning we had breakfast there also, (always do in Newport), excellent service, fast service, beautiful view, one of the best in town, right on the beach. I would recommend what we had but honestly, we have eaten there at least 20 times and never had something we did not love. Please try it, ignore the once every six months person that gives this place a one star, they must not be pleased ever!!!! Some complain about having to wait..... well wouldn't that tell you the food and service is good???? Why in the world would you complain you had to wait for a seat because they were busy.... sheesh. Please try Georgies!!! They remodeled this summer, everything is new and clean, very nice.
You can get breakfast here for the price of breakfast about anywhere with a view to kill.(Husbands veggie scramble was $9.00 and he took half with us for lunch later, too much to eat.) Lunch $ is also comparable to any restaurant and dinner is higher but worth it to us.

Becca H,

On behalf of Georgie's thank you so much. Our Chef Alfredo and I both had the pleasure of reading your review together and are so delighted that everything was "perfect" for you and your husband. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Restaurant & Lounge Manager
“Friendly waitstaff, excellent food.”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend to go here and we were not disappointed. Had a Rougue dead guy ale on draft. Excellent sourdough bread while waiting for our entrees. I had halibut tacos (2) . Fried halibut with shredded cabbage mango salsa and c hipotle sauce on the side, excellent! Wife had parmesan and parsley crusted halibut filet with garlic mashed potatoes and. Steamed veg, holy wow! Probably best halibut dish ever. Only small prob.was it took about 15 min.after table was cleared before we got the check.

1 Thank fretmx
fretmx,

Thank you for the compliments and detailed review. I am very pleased to hear that your friend's recommendation lived up to the expectations. Our wait staff and kitchen will be thrilled to hear about your comments! Please forgive us for the delay your experienced while waiting for your check. We hope to see you again next time you're in Newport.

“Such a great place!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I was on vacation visiting my Mum and Dad who have retired in Newport, OR. They are regulars at Georgie's and they love it there. They said I had to go there with them. I fell in love with the place. Great views, great service and awesome food. It was the only restaurant that I had repeat visits to on my trip and we went there 3 times. I will certainly be back the next time I visit Newport. Georgie's is well worth a visit.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kathy P
Kathy P,

Thank you for your kind review and thanks to your grandparents for introducing you to Georgie's! I am very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our gorgeous view and that the service and food were awesome on each of your 3 visits with us. Again, thank you for making the time to review us and we hope you will visit again soon.

Seal Rock, Oregon
“Beyond typical service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

we recently moved to the area for my new job...I asked my co-workers who had the best seafood?...every one told me I had to try Georgie's...the result?...not only were all 3 different seafood entrees great, but the waitress acknowledged all of our special requests with a smile and immediate follow up... our various plates were removed as quickly as we finished... we never felt pressured to move along even though it was somewhat crowded...above average service, remarkable and bountiful dinner, price was well worth it ...quite simply, it is now our " Go To " restaurant...service & food even better the 2nd time...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Danny J
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Danny J,

First of all, welcome to the area! It is great to hear that your co-workers recommended us and that we were able to live up to that recommendation. Thank you for taking the time to review your visits and we hope to see you again soon.

Ric Rabourn