“A great family treat”

Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the Hallmark Resort in Oregon, and this is their in-house restaurant, so the choice was a no-brainer on a frosty Saturday night after we pulled in late. If you're staying at the Resort and you have kids, be sure to check their "welcome bags" for the green Monopoly-like money - take it to the restaurant and the kids can exchange it for a turn in the lucky dip! Also, if you check the kids' menus you'll find some more money, so the kids will be doubly pleased!! Gives them some drawing to do plus toys to play with while the adults relax.

For the adults, the restaurant was reasonably priced, and the wine list was also affordable while still featuring some quality drops. My sauteed seafood sampler was great (only one bone in the salmon), but the husband's stuffed salmon was the winner. Fresh salmon stuffed with seafood and cream cheese with herbs and baked to perfection! The vegetables were cooked kindly (not murdered till soft, as is so often the case) and the desserts were given the thumbs up by all.

A great choice in Newport, with unparalleled views of the ocean which is literally right in front of you. Ask for a seat high enough to properly appreciate the views.

1  Thank McBrat
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

McBrat,

Thank you for writing such a thorough review. It sounds like everyone had a great time and that the treasure chest was a hit with the kids. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff.

We hope to see you again the next time you visit the coast.

There are newer reviews for Georgie's Beachside Grill

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We live 30 min. away from Newport and this is currently our favorite spot to take company and buy gift certificates for folks. Cost is in line with other beach front resort restaurants, view is excellent, food is great, service is fine..we have had a nice experience last 4 times - 2 of which were in Dec. 2012.

1  Thank Mary P

Mary P,

First of all thank you for the frequent visits. It is great to hear that you would make the 30 minute drive so often to come and see us. We consider it a great compliment that you also bring your guests to dine with us.

Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is great food in an unexpected setting, part of a motel complex. It does, however have an unobstructed view of the ocean. This is a family owned place and everything is made fresh. You can make changes with ease and they are happy to accommodate you. This is a place for the whole family. I had the fish and chips. I am very picky about the way they are prepared. They have both cod or halibut, panko breaded or beer battered, you can chose. The waitress who served us was friendly and proud of the food. It is a little pricey. Our lunch for two was over $40.00. However I would go back without hesitation.

1  Thank CleoIsh

Cleolsh,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that our fish and chips passed your quality test. They are definitely our most popular item – other than the clam chowder of course. It is also great to hear that the staff was able to accommodate any special requests you might have had.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you the next time you are in Newport.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife Marcia and I visited Georgie's Beachside Grill recently and had a wonderful experience. I am on a low sodium and low potasium diet, so finding a place that will cater to my special needs is not alway's possible. The waitress let the floor manager know, and he personally came to our table to let us know the he would personally take our order and make sure that it was made specifically to my request. Tim, the floor manager went out of his way to make my dinning experience a very pleasant one. The salmon I ordered with no sodium was excellent, so too was my wifes fish and chips. The food was very delicious and tasty. We will definately return again to Georgie's Beachside Grill every time we visit Newport,Or. When in town this Restruant is a must. Thanks again Tim for making our dining experience a pleasant one. Sincerely, Saul & Marcia.

1  Thank Slrobledo
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Slrobledo -

Thank you for writing such a detailed and wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that we were able to accomodate your dietary needs. Since most items on our menu are prepared to order, we are usually able to make any necessary modifications. I'm pleased that Tim took the lead on that and made your experience memorable! We look forward to seeing you the next time you come through Newport.

Beki Hueth, Restaurant and Lounge Manager

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We spend quite a bit of time on the Oregon Coast and have dined at many, many places. Georgie's has managed to do what many other spots have not: provide a consistently good experience. We have never left disappointed. Service is always very good. Treat yourself to the razor clam sandwich. It's wonderful! The halibut fish and chips are the best you will find in the area. You can expect to wait to be seated on the weekend during peak hours. But believe me, it's worth the wait.

3  Thank LoriLou1

LoriLou1 -

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit with us. I'm happy that you mentioned "consistency" since that is what we strive for here at Georgie's! I'm so glad you enjoyed your razor clam sandwich and halibut fish and chips. Those are two of my favorites as well!! We look forward to seeing you again when you come to Newport.

Beki Hueth, Restaurant and Lounge Manager