“Nice setting at Nye Beach”
Review of April's at Nye Beach - CLOSED

April's at Nye Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The service started off being very attentive but as they got busier it got slower. The servers spent too much time conversing with some tables while ignoring others. I wanted dessert but got tired of waiting for someone to come by our table. Salads were very fresh. My wife loved her scampi, not sitting in a pool of butter. I had the duck and it was over done to what I like, should have known since it had an asterisk that warned about undercooked food. Definitely worth another try.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Excellent meal at Aprils at Nye Beach. The duck was perfectly moist and paired with mixed veggies that were very tasty. Had the goat cheese starter and it was perfect.
Great place! Will be back!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We walked all over Nye Beach scoping out places for dinner on a misting rain, gloomy Saturday night over Labor Day weekend. I had heard of Sylvia's Hotel on the beach and noticed April's across the street. It looked so quaint, cozy and warm from the road that we wandered in. It's very tiny but was busy. We made reservations to come back in 45 minutes and had a beer down the road at the Irish bar.

We came back a little early and were seated promptly. I really liked that the restaurant was so small, which made it feel very intimate and warm on a cool evening. The windows overlooking the nearby water was a nice touch and had a very New England vibe to it.

I was not impressed at all with their wine list so opted not to drink any, which was a disappointment. I think this could be a place of improvement for them. Otherwise, my hubby and I both ordered steak which was really good. It came with fresh, local vegetables and the whole restaurant permeated with the smell of basil. Perhaps because the soup of the day was Tomato Basil?! Nonethless, it smelled so good.

We were full but were tempted to order the apple cobbler which came with homemade sour cream and I think brown sugar ice cream. I can't remember exactly but it was so unique and delicious. It really complemented the apple cobbler well.

Our server was attentive and made sure our glasses stayed full. I can always appreciate that!

4  Thank Christina T
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a small treasure. Good selection of small plates and dinners with good wines. Only open for dinner but I would go back in a second. Locally grown produce-just off the beach-helpful staff.

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I frequent Newport, OR and the surrounding area a couple of times a year. April's at Historic Nye Beach is our favorite restaurant. April's is a small family owned restaurant with wonderful food and fresh veggies grown in their own farm gardens. It is a tranquil place with an ambiance reminiscent of an English tea room. The poached salmon is fresh caught and is so delicate that it does not impart any aftertaste of fish to the palate. Obviously the emphasis is on a short list of seafood but there are also wonderful variations on Italian cuisine. For those who imbibe they have an extensive wine list with emphasis on local producers. A wonderfully airy experience for adults. I would not recommend for children.

2  Thank Ralph J