“Best restaurant in Nye Beach”
Review of April's at Nye Beach - CLOSED

April's at Nye Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had dinner here with our son last week and it was very good. I had fish and so did my husband which was delicious. My son ordered the steak which was a bit tough and when he said something the waitress took it right back and didn't charge us for it. The wine list is very good and the desserts were great. My son had a brownie sundae and he ate every bit of it! It is also a very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our plan was to eat at another restaurant but decided to try April's because we could walk from our hotel. Lucky us! The food was so fresh and prepared perfectly. My daughter said "you can taste the love". Our 7 year old grandson wanted something not on the menu and the staff were so accommodating, he ate every last bite. We enjoyed the recommended local wine that we tried at the dinner so much we'd like to visit the winery to get more. Now if we ever get to return we have the difficult task of deciding to try a different meal or scallops and linguine vongole again.

1  Thank IanandTerri2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Sometimes a Rogue Dead Guy tastes good, sometimes it's life affirming. I'm not sure but last night was one of the latter. Maybe it was the sea air. Anyway we stared with a a Dead Guy and moved on to a, Oregon Pinot Noir. The food was all fresh and cooked perfectly. Apri's is in Nye Beach which has become a very nice area of shops and restaurants immediately north of Newport. I had the special - grilled Mahi Mahi. Perfect. The other special was sole and several in our group really enjoyed that as well.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was one of the best meals I have enjoyed anywhere! Wonderful ambiance, excellent staff, nice wine list and fresh ingredients right from the garden. Both appetizer and entree were exceptional....I can't say enough about this little restaurant in Nye Beach! I cannot wait to return....it is worth a trip all on it's own.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I were walking through Nye Beach when we decided to check April's restaurant out. So glad we did!
We did not have a reservation, but we were seated at a nice table next to the window. Service was personable and quite attentive. The food...oh the food...was a superstar!
First and foremost, the restaurant smelled like an Italian kitchen on a sunday...a delicious aroma not too overpowering, but inviting.
The bread was served with a good quality olive oil and an herb blend, instead of butter. A little messy, but deliciuos.
I had duck and my husband the steak. Both dishes were carefully and elegantly plated, without overdoing it. The flavor of each component was excellent per-se and also worked harmoniously with the other ingredients in the plate. And then...there is dessert. We ordered an Eclaire, or so we thought, traditionally thinkers that we are. Instead, we got a gigantic cream puff, dunked in chocolate and filled with whipped cream. The choux was crispy and worked very well with the rest. Worth going there just for those :)
Prices: very, very, very reasonable, even a little inexpensive if you ask me. Considering that all the vegetables are local and seasonal, so is the fish, I think you would be missing on a great experience if you are in the area and don't go.