“Good but not Great”

Ranked #11 of 113 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Started 70 years ago Mo's proud tradition brings you the best and freshest Oregon seafoods... unique, informal and friendly style at modest prices! Whether you want a complete seafood lunch or dinner... or just stop by for homebaked desserts, the welcome mat is always out at Mo's! Visit us soon... and visit us often... the friendliest place to meet and greet your friends. Serving NW seafood and the best chowder on the Oregon Coast. Everybody knows ya gotta go to Mo's!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The clam chowder was outstanding butthe halibut fish and chips had disappointingly small pieces of fish.

There are newer reviews for Mo's Original Restaurant

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The shrimp salad was wonderful. We also tried the clam chowder. It was good, but I would call it bacon chowder. Hardly had any clams. I was disappointed that they didn't have more 'crab' items on their menu. Maybe it was out of season. We visited mid-March. It's a fun place, in a cute little town. Would go again!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I took a visiting family member to Mo's because we had told him how great their food was. In the past it had been fine.

When we arrived they were quite busy, it took about ten minutes after being sat to get our drink orders in, but we didn't mind too much because you could tell the two servers on were working hard, and they were obviously understaffed. I ordered the Oyster dinner and clam chowder.

When our meals arrived everything was fine except my oysters were covered in sand. You could tell that no attempt was made to clean them, even the outer portion of the shells where coated with sand. I brought this to the attention of my server, and she just told me "We can't clean the inside of them because they open while they're baking" and then left to attend to other tables. And that's it. No offer for a replacement, no asking if I wanted something else, not even a sorry.

So, I got to sit (starving BTW) staring at the rest of my family eat, and pick at their food. Finally when she brought us our bill and noticed I had a plate of un-eaten oysters (maybe she thought I would just eat them sand and all?) she took the bill and removed the charged for my meal. I doubt I'll be going back ever again.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

You have to eat here on a trip to the beach, because it's the original Mo's. Pretty much all their food is fried unless you choose a grilled piece of fish. Fish and chips are 11.95 and come with soup or salad. Their clam chowder I quite good. The kids hamburger only comes with meat on it.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Husband and I went in for dinner but didn't get to eat anything this time. Nobody greeted us for several minutes. FInally a man from the kitchen seated us. Our waitress came over for a drink order and asked about appetizers. We ordered some steamers, chowder and I asked for an ice tea, NO LEMON. We could see her prepare our beverage order. She came back with lemon in my tea and on DH's water. I turned away as she walked up. She must have realized her mistake, she turned slightly before setting our drinks on the table. By then she had popped the lemon off my glass. She set it down and walked away. No straw, no spoon. And if I have an allergic reaction to the lemon? DH asked if I was ready to leave. We decided to head over to Georgie's. We were not disappointed. Mo's was obviously understaffed and the server needs some lessons in customer service.