“Newport Marina brewery (2 locations)”

Rogue Ales Bayfront Public House
Ranked #22 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Rogue Ales Public House, originally named the Bayfront Brewery, was established in May of 1989. Rogue brewed its Ales within the Bayfront Brewery until 1992, when "Howard", the 15 barrel brew system was carried across the Newport Bay to the current location. The old brewery was converted into a poolroom which the locals call the Crustacean Stacean. Outside seating and 35 taps
Medford, Oregon
“Newport Marina brewery (2 locations)”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Rogue Brewery, Bar & Restaurant, Newport.
The brewery is located on the south end of the bridge, close to the harbor. This was my 4th visit. We have found this place to be a fun friendly, touristy spot to stop for a casual beer while in the Newport Marina. A tour was just about to begin when we entered the place. Our walking tour lead us through the actively working brewery to the gift shop and to the stairs leading to the bar and restaurant. We climbed up the stairs to the second floor for our samples and a spectacular view of the bay. We could see the Yacquina Bridge, fishing boats and the Dana Fecilia sailing vessel from the big picture windows. The décor was amusing and entertaining. See pictures.

Although I prefer red wine I enjoyed my microbrew samples. Didn’t care too much for the “Chocolate Stout”. My glass of IPA was particularly delicious. However I would prefer my beer served in an ice, cold glass. Service was a little haphazard, but very friendly. We had to wait a long time for our server. I finally walked up to the bar and asked for a beer. They had a large selection of interesting and unusual beers on tap, so many to choose from. It was enjoyable afternoon trying the different beers.

We didn’t order anything to eat, wasn’t in the mood for bar food. The food prices looked a tad high.

Noisy, busy and crowed but friendly place. I would go back again with friends that are new to the area. Join the Rogue Nation (no charge) and get a discount on your beer and free birthday specials. With the discount our four beers were $18.00 plus tip.

• Visited October 2012

Waldport, Oregon, United States
“Simply delicious.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I love eating here anytime I get the chance. This is an awesome treat for your taste buds. I definitely recommend the kobe bacon cheeseburger with tater tots. The service is always wonderful most recently my fiance and i ate here for her birthday and the atmosphere was amazing. I definitely give this place 5 out of 5 stars!!

Visited October 2012
Seattle
“Great Beer”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Fun place to go while in Newport. Go here every year. We usually just get the fish & chips which are really good. It's probably the beer and good conversation that we enjoy the most. Great location on the bay front also. On a nice day it's fun to sit outside and enjoy an ale. Stop in every year so we must like it.

Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
“If you can't do stairs, it's not for you”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hadn't been here for several years & remember an entirely different entrance. Had to wind through yellow construction tape & dodge warehouse workers to finally reach the ground floor "lobby". Put our name in & waited, along with a dozen or so others, to be seated at the restaurant upstairs. Our name was called after about a 20 minute wait (merchandise is available for sale while you wait) & a host led us up the steep wooden stairs to the eating area. You need to share the staircase with those coming down as apparently this is the only entrance/exit to the eating area. We were seated at a window table overlooking the waterway from the bay to the docks. Our server was with us promptly & our orders came fairly promptly as well. The food was delicious (the pulled pork sliders are fantastic) and my companions raved about their choices in beer. The little beer "variety sampler" with 6 small glasses of various beers was a fun touch.

• Visited October 2012
Puyallup, Washington
“Great beer and excellent food!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

An excellent menu for both adults and kids. Excellent service. I enjoyed the binder on each table with a detailed description and interesting facts about all their beers.