“Fantastic dinner, amazing management”
Review of Saffron Salmon

Saffron Salmon
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Saffron Salmon is perched on the end of a public pier with a panoramic bay view on Newport's Historic Bayfront. We showcase Northwest cuisine utilizing local and fresh ingredients. As sea life frolic outside the window, you will dine amidst contemporary art in this visually stunning eatery. A local's favorite, Saffron Salmon is a magical dining experience with its stunning view, great food, superb service and unique Northwest wine and beer selection.
Victoria, Canada
“Fantastic dinner, amazing management”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Wonderful restaurant! I arranged a corporate function through Saffron Salmon, after they were recommended to me by another Newport eatery. The staff were friendly and accommodating for my party of 10, and easy to work with for the reservation. The diners loved the food and drink, and all had very positive reviews of their food and the overall experience.

After accidentally over-tipping on the final bill, the restaurant contacted our organization (without any contact from us) and insisted on returning the excess tip. The combination of wonderful food, beautiful location, and upstanding management will make me recommend Saffron Salmon to anyone who happens to be visiting Newport.

Boulder City, Nevada
“Excellent food and view”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My family and I ate here for dinner and had a great time. The hostess and servers were friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent. My boys had the fish and chips and they thought it was great. I had the bayfront platter and it was outstanding. The salmon was perfect and the crab cakes were very good. The view of the bay was amazing and we spent time watching the fog roll in and out while they prepared the food. Even though we were casually dressed and the restaurant feels upscale, we felt comfortable and the servers didn't give us any indication that it was a problem. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2014
Seattle, Washington
“The fish were swimming that morning.”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had salmon and it was ultra fresh , so moist and tasty. The service was very attentive , the wine appropriate and the location on a pier overlooking the bay. Not much lacking. When in Newport , drop by for a delicious meal.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank stiller1
Issaquah, Washington
“Best Restaurant on Newport’s Waterfront”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have been to Saffron Salmon several times when visiting the Central Oregon Coast (twice during this last eight day trip). The restaurant is at the end of the Western most waterfront pier, so there is a great view of the bay and bay bridge. The menu is well thought out and creative. The food is fresh and a cut above the fried seafood you will get at other restaurants on Newport’s waterfront. My wife thought the burger with the thin, crispy fries was exceptional. I had the Albacore Tuna sandwich special on a Ciabatta bun with the tuna wrapped in prosciutto. The sandwich was large with lots of flavor! We aren’t Brussels sprouts fans, but this time we tried the flash fried Brussels sprouts side dish special. Wow…very crispy with lots of garlic (everyone at the table has to try one!). If you only have a chance to eat at one restaurant on Newport’s waterfront, Saffron Salmon is the one.

1 Thank BigOrangeCat
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent atmosphere, Top notch service, and definitely a delicious approach on seafood!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is a lovely restaurant that sits right on the bayfront. The atmosphere was wonderful, not too noisy, and we enjoyed watching the people outside the restaurant wrestle with the crab they caught. The restaurant is very cramped though, so make a reservation! The food was delicious and was elaborately served in a creative but elegant design. I ordered the Fish and Chips which were served with asian coleslaw and well seasoned vegetables. The waitstaff was warm and friendly and served to the best of their abilities. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and this was definitely the best meal I've had on the Oregon Coast!