“A unique dining experience”
Review of Tables of Content

Tables of Content
Ranked #29 of 116 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Served family style at tables of six or eight, you'll enjoy a delicious and relaxing meal (allow at least two hours) while getting to know your table mates with a game of "Two Truths and a Lie." Don't be shy, it's fun!

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Tables of Content is an odd name for a restaurant but appropriate considering it is part of the uniquely themed historic hotel named Sylvia Beach overlooking the Pacific. The hotel's vintage rooms convey different authors from Hemmingway to Wolfe. The restaurant serves tasty family style food which is passed but for the selected entree which is selected some hours or the day before with reservations. Expect interaction with your tablemates, including 'about me' games. Don't limit your expectation to Mom's cooking, though. We joined a local symphony's fundraiser last week to enjoy salmon mousse, fresh asparagas, medley of rices, a nice green salad, and warm fresh bread. All these items were passed in ample quantity. Our selection of rack of lamb was nice and appropriately cooked. Other diners chose scampi and scallops or vegetable lasagna. Dessert was a beautiful, rich chocolate affair. Cost is within reason. It will be a meal you'll remember--whether you are a literary type or not.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

enjoy all courses of great prepared food, you select the entree in advance and receive a complete meal from starter to dessert course all included and find the table group to be interesting as well, have eaten here many times and find it to be good food at reasonable price and a fun night out. ocean views as well.

2  Thank OregonBlaze
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I had always meant to eat at Tables of Content so was happy when a work related meal took me there. If you are reading this, you probably know about the set-up: you have to have reservations, you have to choose your menu ahead of time, and you eat family style at large tables, where you are expected to play "truth or lies" games with your table mates. Well. The food was exceptional. I just kept eating and going "wow" so I can't even tell you what to order! I had the beef steak, and tasted the salmon ... the pastry wrapped cheese was amazing, the salad and veggies were all totally fresh. I was worried about our waitress because the room was full and she was the only server, but she was as amazing as the meal. The wine list is decent as well. The meal was really a very good experience, but I don't want to play games and may not want to talk to strangers ... my only other remark is that the diningroom is ocean front, yet the decor with heavy curtains actually nearly blocks the ocean view. That is a shame, as the view was as wonderful as the meal itself and too lovely to hide.

1  Thank NewportMania
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stumbled upon this restaurant in the quaint Nye Beach area of Newport, OR. It was our 26th anniversary and we were searching for a special place. We found it and then some. There are 3 tips I have... You must have reservations. You choose from 4 entrees and meals are family style. Be ready to interact with other guests as there are 8-10 people at a table.

This is an historic quaint B&B and the dining room has a panoramic view of the ocean. There is one seating, generally 7pm. We were seated with 6 other people. It is quite an extensive meal from appetizers to dessert. We were told to play a game to help us get to know each other. It worked! We were all laughing and enjoying the group so much. Our meal included a shrimp gazpacho, caesar salad, fresh steamed vegetables, wild rice, yummy homemade bread, and raspberry crisp for dessert. My halibut was the best I've ever had and my husband raved about his filet mignon. The meal lasted about 3 hours and at the end we hated to leave our new found friends (table mates)

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. The food was very high quality and the whole experience was one memory that will last for a long time. Don't go thinking you want an intimate dinner for 2 by candlelight. Expect a sprited wonderful dining experience! We are returning for sure.