“Best Thai Food Newport's Ever Had”

M&P Authentic Thai Cuisine
Ranked #23 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Description: We are Located on west end of the bay front near by coast guard , Newport , Oregon. All combination of Thai food and seafood in Thai style. [ Open on Thank Giving & Christmas ]
Toledo, Oregon
“Best Thai Food Newport's Ever Had”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

M&P Thai has to be one of the best Thai food restaurants Newport has ever had. The staff is very friendly and the service is prompt. The food is very much so authentic, my husband who spent 3 months in Thailand was very much impressed with their food. We had the Thai Basil Chicken and Massuman Curry, as well as a few different appetisers, and I have to say they were definitely excellent. The portions sizes are good and the food is so flavorful. Their menu is well rounded. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for something a bit different than the normal seafood spread.

• Visited March 2014

• Greek first
Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I found my favorite Thai Restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've been looking for a high quality Thai restaurant in Newport/Corvallis area and I have found it! They have excellent service and high quality food. I will definitely go back. I highly recommend dinner here.

• Visited July 2014
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Friendly, clean atmosphere and good food!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my family who recently moved into the area that June and as we came in the owners immediately remembered my parents and were extremely friendly. We ordered several dishes off the menu including the Tom Yum soup, shrimp fried rice, shrimp in a blanket appetizers, the clay pot with shrimp, cashew nut and a sticky coconut rice with mango. All of the dishes were delicious but the Tom Yum was my favorite. The portions were more than adequate, enough for leftovers and the prices were extremely fair. When I visit again I'll be back with my family!

Eugene, Oregon
“Delicious foot, very gracious service”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I travel to Newport for business and have been exploring local restaurants. I had a delicious and beautifully-prepared meal here tonight - light, healthful and very enjoyable. The atmosphere was relaxing and homey, the service was prompt and excellent, and I felt completely comfortable dining alone. The waiter brought candles on a mirror - a nice touch! Most notable was the extremely gracious but not-intrusive care and politeness with which I was served - I felt as though my presence was honored and appreciated. This is not something I was looking for, but it sure was a nice change from my usual restaurant experience. Thanks for the great dinner. I'll be back!

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth skipping the typical seafood”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I ate here tonight and I have to say that the tip by another reviewer to try something different was spot on. This restaurant has the best Thai I have ever had, we had the Phuket Sea Managers Special with sticky rice. (scallops, calamari, shrimp with vegetables prepared in a clay pot). The food was ridiculously good. The seafood was cooked just right and the vegetables were nice and crisp. I wish we had Thai like this at home. We have nothing that even comes close in Sacramento. the people who run this restaurant are very nice. Nice calm atmosphere. The food takes a bit but I think it was completely worth it. I wouldn't think of passing this place up when I come back!

• Visited June 2014