“Absolutely Wonderful Place To Stay !!!!”
Review of Waves of Newport

Waves of Newport
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We just wanted to Thank our Host while we were in Newport Oregon ,, they were Billy & Shanna Lamere owners of Waves Motel, Waves Of Newport , the 3 bedroom home they put us in for our last 2 days in Oregon was right on the Ocean, and well I , Billy could of DIED in that House it was so Beautiful there ! Thank you once again Bill and Shanna, we enjoyed the Beach House more than you can Ever Imagine, It was truly A Wonderful Experience , one we shall never forget ! On A Scale of 1 to 10 we give it a 12 ! Thanks Guys !!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank GiBIll

Reviewed October 27, 2009

I stayed at the Wave motel in Newport,Oregon on the Thursday 22nd of Oct. It was priced at $75 for a single non-smoking. After traveling around town and dinner I came back to the room to shower. I noticed at that time what appeared to be toothpaste splatters on the mirror. As I look around I found something smeared on the front of the fridge??. There were stains on the floor perhaps from animals? The seat by the table had numerous stains. Is it worth the price to listen to the ocean? I would not stay there again as I have stayed at motels elsewhere in town for a price of $40-50 range that were much cleaner with the same accommodations. I have heard the saying "check the room" before paying and now will follow this advise.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I went to Newport for a religious festival, and only needed accommodations for sleeping and somewhere to keep my clothes as I was at a rented house for the majority of the day. I definitely got more than I budgeted for. A very good price (even in spite of the fact that it was split with a friend) for a very good room. View of the ocean was a nice perk and room service was quite courteous not to mention detailed and prudent. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and the iron was a welcome addition, albeit it had a big burn mark on it. The sink and mirror were separate from the "washroom" itself, but wasn't a big deal for me. Internet was fast and dependable and the coffee in the room was good. A fine little motel for basic needs.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for the first 2 nights of our Oregon coast tour. By the sound of the write-ups on TripAdvisor it sounded like a great value.

The motel is located at the end of Nye Beach, a cool little neighborhood within Newport. I recommend staying here vs. along the Bay in Newport. The Waves was separated from the shops and restaurants of Nye Beach by a few blocks of bungalows.

While not "on the beach" like The Whaler or Elizabeth Inn, it is across the street from a cliff that fronts the beach. From our 3rd story room we could see the water very well. The rooms are clean, spacious, and good enough for <$100. NOTE: make sure to request a 3rd floor room. A lower room might not provide ocean views as there are some buildings right across the street.

The family (I think it was a family) that runs the place and lives in the building attached to the lobby were very odd. A disheveled looking young man checked us in while barely smiling or welcoming us and there was yelling and cursing going on in the "home" next to him. Strange, but we didn't stay there to hang out with them.

The beach was only a 5-minute walk away.

A few blocks down the hill are many cool shops, eateries, and bakeries. We loved Cafe Stephanie for breakfast - went both days we were in town. The continental breakfast at the motel looked horrible. There also is a bakery & pizzeria across from Cafe Stephanie that were supposed to be good but we didn't eat there. The bakery does sell loose bottles of beer - something we took advantage of. Also, make sure to check out Nana's Irish Pub (also mere blocks away) - great food, beer, and live music.

All and all it was a good place to stay. Just don't mingle with the help...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My spouse and I decided to wing it with our hotel stay in Newport, Oregon since it's low season. We had heard a lot of great reviews of Waves of Newport and I too have positive things to say. People have to remind themselves that IT IS A MOTEL but it really served it's purpose well. When we were inquiring, the hostess was really pleasant and had this dry sense of humor. This was truly a gem to have stayed here. It was clean, quiet, close to the beach, close to touristy stuff and great value. They also offered continental breakfast which they made (cinnamon rolls and muffins) and they also offered cereals and some bread but don't expect much from it.
Definitely would stay here again if I happen to be in Newport again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellingdixie41
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I have been staying at the Wave's Motel long before they built the new wing and the swimming pool and spa. As a matter of fact this is where we stayed on our honeymoon. It is a short walk to the beach, breathtaking view of Yaquinahead Lighthouse to the North and the ocean. I love to sit up at night and watch the lighthouse and the lights from the ships out to sea.

The Wave's motel has always been inexpensive and very friendly. If anything is needed they are right on top of it.

Another benefit is that the Wave's motel offers guests houses of various sizes. I do not care for the smaller one to the east as it does not have an ocean view but they have one that has a glorious view of the ocean and the lighthouse that sleeps 9 people I believe.

I would recommend this motel to anyone.

I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yaquinahead
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stayed at the hotel this weekend and it was awesome. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The pool and spa were new. Caretakers where very accomodating. For the price this is a great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family