“Continues to impress”

Stone Crest Cellars Italian Restaurant & Wine Tasting Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Italian with a Mediterranean flare using local and fresh NW products. Wine Tasting & Wine flights, nightly specials & desserts.
Yachats, Oregon
“Continues to impress”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stone Crest Bistro has become my favorite spot to eat in Newport, and possibly the entire Oregon Coast. The food here is absolutely amazing, and the service could not be better. Denise our server was very knowledgeable regarding both the wines and the menu. Along with that she was also friendly and attentive to all of our needs. Chef Cliff makes some of the most delicious food I have ever tasted, and my mouth is watering now thinking about our next visit. Make sure you make reservations if you are heading down this way, because otherwise it may be hard to get a table (yes it is just that fantastic!) Anyone reading these reviews should ignore the 2 bad ones on the site, my guess is they are from another restaurant in town and are jealous that Stone Crest is so much better than them!!!
For this visit we started off with the Wine tasting, which is an amazing deal. 5 types of wine to try for only $5, and if you buy a bottle they take off the price of the tasting. What more could you ask for! We had a delicious bottle of the A to Z Pinot Grigio from Newberg Oregon, many of the wines they feature are from local wineries. To eat we started with the house made bread which was served with an eggplant spread. Then we had the Crimini mushroom appetizer with bacon and parmesan. Next came Caesar salad, and then the main courses...I had the Prawns Fra Diavolo with Gnocchi and my other half had the Rib special (I cannot quite remember what it was called, only that it was delicious).
I will continue to highly recommend Stone Crest Bistro to anyone coming down the Oregon Coast. Thank you again for another fabulous meal!

2 Thank Shannone32

Newport, Oregon
“Perfect Once Again!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I have written two reviews already; however, this one is a little different in the fact we had 18 people in our party and nothing changed. Not the service, not the food, and not the ambiance, although we were of course a little louder than normal.

It was my husband's 40th birthday and he wanted to go to Stonecrest Italian Restaurant for his birthday dinner. I was worried about the amount of people for this smaller restaurant, so I stopped in and talked with the staff. They were HAPPY to help me and accommodate everyone.

They worked with me on a menu that could make everyone at the birthday party happy and it did. Everyone loved this place, the food, the wine, the staff, and Chef Cliff. I am not exaggerating; EVERYTHING was perfect.

Thank you Stonecrest for making my husband's birthday his best one ever - his words. You are truly the best all around restaurant in Newport! I recommend you to just about everyone I come in contact with.

“Supercalifragilsticexpalidocious”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

How many ways can one explain AMAZING!? Each visit is tantalizing, with my eyes and taste buds doing a lot of dancing. Highly recommended. Denise is a fantastic server, knowledgeable about the dinner menu and the wines served. Makes the wine tasting enjoyable. The Chef blows my mind with the unique blend of dishes and flavor profiles. My hats off to Chef Cliff. Thank you sir!

Portland, Oregon
“Nothing else like it in Newport.....or anywhere close by!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My fiancé and I come from Oregon wine country, so when we decided to go to the coast for our birthdays, we were hoping to fine some places that had a great ambiance and served some delicious wine and food. Upon arrival in Newport, where we had never stayed before, we were sadly disappointed to find that there was really nothing like what we were looking for there, or at least this is what we thought upon first glance. After hanging around for a day, and doing some research on the web, we stumbled upon Stone Crest Cellars and decided to stop in to taste some wine and check it out. When we walked in, we were greeted very warmly, and welcomed like they had known us their whole lives! We sat at the bar, as we were not ready for dinner yet, and the lovely server walked us through their wine tasting flight, which included wines from not just Oregon, but from Italy also, which was a nice change. They brought us some fresh bread and a mushroom with caramelized onion dip drizzled with a balsamic reduction to nibble on during our tasting,
which was to die for! When we were almost to the end of our flight, the chef came out with a small "teaser" plate of delicious potatoes with bacon and kalamata olives, and he introduced himself, which was very cool. We had such a good time that we made reservations for later in the evening, and boy were we happy that we chose to come back! We were greeted in the same warm and welcoming manner, and were treated like family once again. We let the chef do his magic and choose the entrees that we would be enjoying, which was amazing!! The whole meal was excellent, far beyond our expectations from what we had come to find so far on our trip. At the end was the most amazing flour-less chocolate cake that was the perfect ending to a perfect dining experience. We will absolutely be back here the next time we are in the area, and will send our friends this way as well!!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank AngiMouse
Gleneden Beach, Oregon
“Almost missed it and that would have been a True Tragedy!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a true hidden gem, just off Highway 101 in a small retail center, but an amazing find. Happened upon it when we first moved to the coast in Sept. 13 and was told by numerous locals that there was no Italian Food in Newport or Lincoln City. On the lookout none-the-less I saw the small sign just off the highway and we tried it on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening only to find it closed (They are only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday) So we came back on Friday and was blown away by the great food, good prices and excellent service. Small menu with what looks like a good selection of wines (we are not drinkers), but the food & service are always excellent and something to look forward to.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Joseph C

Travelers who viewed Stone Crest Cellars Italian Restaurant & Wine Tasting Bar also viewed

Newport, Oregon Coast