“Bad waitress and service”

Mazatlan Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 126 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 11, 2019

My family went to this restaurant and was greeted with poor service. The waitress rushed us through our menu and walked away rudely. When the hot plates were brought out she placed the hot plate right in front of my 1year old daughter. Sadly my daughter touches the plate and was burned before I could move the plate. What waitress put a hot plate right in front of a baby? I was very upset and told the waitress that I was not paying for the full bill and that I would pay half. She told me it was my fault! She rudely told me never to come back. I will never visit this place again nor will I reccomend this place to anybody. The food sucked anyway!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Stopped in for lunch. Our server was a very nice girl who made sure our lunch was a pleasant experience. We ordered only one meal and shared it (were hungry, but not famished) and she was very sweet and brought us an extra plate, too. The food was very good...the steak cooked exactly to order and the salad was nice and fresh. We would recommend this place to others.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019

very nice authentic mexican food best ive ever had service food everything was great prices were great had to take part home cause there was so much couldnt eat all

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 13, 2019

They have a few of these in different cities on the coast. We were in Depoe Bay, with a nice view of the bay. The menu is huge. Lots to choose from and the prices are reasonable. I had a chicken and beef enchilada with green sauce, rice and beans. the chips and beans are good. Hot sauce was good and the entree had lots of meat and the sauce was nice. Not a lot of kick or spices. That's why I say American/ Mexican.
They have lots of flavored margaritas to choose from and other cocktails.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Typical Mexican. Very large portion even for the economy combination. We got in at 8:40 and was imformed they close at 9, but the service was good and so was the food.

Date of visit: September 2018