“Wasn't what we expected”

Mazatlan Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 109 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Seal Rock, Oregon
“Wasn't what we expected”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We tried this restaurant on a Saturday night because all other restaurants we knew were filled. We should have gone for pizza! The noise level from the music playing made it hard to talk over the table. Our waitress was rude and impatient. We never got more chips for our salsa while waiting for our food. It was NOT worth the wait. It was the worst chile relleno I've ever had. The beef in my burrito was void of flavor but not fat. My friends said their food was tolerable but the experience horrible. So many other places in the area to go-I would choose elsewhere

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mklsal

Salem, Oregon
“save your $$”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our first clue to leave the restaurant should've been that it was empty on a Saturday at 1p.m.

The food: Carne Asada burrito. Buried under a mound of lettuce & enchilada sauce. The more food is buried the more they are trying to hide the taste. And yes they were. Meat had the flavor & texture of canned meat & I've never had a carne aside burrito mixed w/beans. My fault for "assuming" the burrito did not have beans mixed in. Dumped salsa on it.

My husband's chili relleno: It was literally scrambled egg w/a green chili inside it. The taco looked like I had made it at home!

You can't fool someone who grew up on the border of Arizona. I know my Mexican flavors.

My advice: keep driving. I told my husband I would've rather saved $$ & ate at McD's!

• Visited June 2014
“Nothing close to the Mazatlan in Oakridge!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Don't order any of the beef - its filled with gristle. Portion size good, but they don't have any real specialties to speak of. I had the super burrito (chicken) and it was good, but pedestrian. Prices too high for what you get.

2 Thank firstlish
Plummer, Idaho
“Best Made on Site SALSA!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great little late lunch stop and yummy salsa! Couldn't get enough. Price was fair. Service friendly. Could have been cleaner, but not the worst I've seen. Would go again.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“Rude waitress, food mediocre”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

At here with family during stop along the coast. Food was mediocre at best, waitress was incredibly rude! It wasn't busy when we were there waitress was short with us, slapping plates down on the table, She seemed annoyed we were making her do her job!

• Visited August 2013