“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Newport Belle Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights here recently on a 10-day trip round southern Oregon and the coast. Had a wonderful time talking to Michael and Nancy the owners, who are really nice and fascinating people, who treated us really well. Nancy makes a great breakfast and we had something different and yummy every day from quiche to french toast along with a variety of fruit, cereals, etc. And their dogs are adorable and super-friendly.

The room (#3) was small-ish, as you would expect on a ship, but had a really nice view of the harbor, and a very comfortable queen bed, and was clean and tastefully appointed. The breakfast room/lounge is the entire second floor and is AMAZING with fireplace, TV, and a stunning view of the sunset over the bridge.

We would stay here again when in Newport without reservation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Newport Belle Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We loved this B&B on the water in Newport. Breakfast was good, bed was comfortable, and we loved watching the action of the boats coming and going in the harbor.

I am sorry to hear that the owners are trying to sell it and want to retire. Hopefully someone just as gracious and capable will buy it and continue this one of a kind experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was looking for something water/boat related to do for my boyfriend's birthday as this is his passion and stumbled upon the website for the Newport Belle B&B. I was a little nervous about staying at a B&B sight unseen as we are usually large hotel people, but the reviews on tripadvisor spurred me into making the leap/reservations. I was especially happy when I saw there was a pet friendly room (#3-Chart room) as our pet sitter wasn't in town for the bday weekend. The owner was very friendly and kind when I made the reservation, suggesting the nicer room that was free until I mentioned the puppy predicament. I have food allergies and she was SO nice about checking into what I could/couldn't have for breakfast and accomodating these needs without making me feel like a nuisance - I never ask for special accomodation - it was just offered. It's easy to get to, parking wasn't an issue, our room was so charming and just right-I was surprised by the shower size assuming boat space would be very limited. There was even a doggie basket of necessities and a doggie bed exactly like the one we have at home so there were absolutely no puppy issues. The hosts have 3 fabulous Westies who are great greeters and like pets from strangers. Dinner was a quick walk to Rogue Brewery and the wine and snacks on the deck were the perfect ending to a perfect day. Breakfast was AMAZING! The reviews are all correct about this. And again, the hosts are so pleasant to visit with and make certain all their guests are comfortable too. They even gave my boyfriend one of their own personal beer glasses as a birthday gift after remembering him mentioning that particular brewery as his favorite from a conversation the evening before. We will definitely be back and recommending this as a fun and relaxing alternative to the usual weekend getaway.

Room Tip: The Chart room is on the ground floor right off the dock - easy to get to if you have any mobility i...
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I had the most unique stay on this non-moving riverboat B & B!!! The room we stayed in was a cozy (yet spacious enough) nautical style room with a private bath and a complete harbor view from 2 sides of windows and a private deck. It was a magnificent way to enjoy the gorgeous sunsets! Downstairs there was a shared glassed in deck with a full harbor view and lounge chairs that were so inviting~~Wished I'd had more time to enjoy it. There was also another great room where one can sit on comfy sofas and either read or watch TV if desired....The wall to wall windows in the dining area leant such a lovely ambiance to an already cheerful ship-shape room. I can't even begin to express how delicious the different breakfasts were that we ate both mornings~~Yummy French toast, sausage, quiche, fresh fruit plates, yogurt, and the best homemade granola, plus your choice of beverages. To top off the entire experience, the two owners, Nancy & Michael, were the friendliest and most helpful hosts we have ever had anywhere!!! This place gets an A+ in my book....And I hope we will be back to stay here every year~~It's the best B & B west of the Mississippi!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room #4~~ the Pilot Room....
1  Thank Pipsauthor
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife arranged a short getaway for my birthday and I couldn't have been happier. She wanted to do something a bit different and this was it - but in a good way. The setting was lovely, and the service was great. I think Michael was the breakfast king and Nancy had some very good suggestions for our other meals. There are so many things to see in and around Newport that I wish we could have stayed longer. The doggie greeting party when we came back to the boat was always a pleasure and everyone got a scratch and pet. If you are coming to Newport, do yourself a favor and visit Michael and Nancy on the "Newport Belle".

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Newport Gem is a charming houseboat in the form of a paddle steamer. It is in a fabulous location overlooking Yaquina Bridge - very quiet and very comfortable. The boat is fitted out to a very high standard. Mike and Nancy are excellent hosts and Mike cooks a very tasty breakfast. They provided plenty of recommendations of places to visit in the area. Toledo was well worth the visit and if you like oysters stop at the Oyster Farm along the river towards Toledo.
This was the highspot of our holiday and sitting on the sun deck with a glass of complimentary wine watching herons, seals and activity on the river was a delight.

Room Tip: We were in room 3 which was a queen bed and very comfortable
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent only one night in this B&B, yet it's definitely one of the nicest B&B we ever stayed at. Our room was relatively small, with ensuite shower. Everything was REALLY clean. Nancy and Michael were lovely hosts!
Rogue brewery is just 5 minutes walk away and we ended up drinking beer and eating dinner there.
We had a wonderful breakfast with a variety of quiches, pastries, fruit-salad juices and coffee.
We will return to Newport Belle B&B in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple