“Not that great”

Comfort Inn Newport
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed one night. (August 18) It was difficult to find a hotel in Newport since there were a lot of people in town. The folks at the front desk are very nice and helpful. The room I stayed in was very clean and the room was comfortable. When I got to the room, I could not find the remote control and had to call the front desk for assistance. It was no where to be found. The employee from the front desk found the remote control under the bed. Go figure. The television did not function, so once again I had to call the front desk. Help arrived promptly. On major complaint that I have is that the room does not have air conditioning. The room was hot and stuffy. All that was available was a portable fan that was very loud. It was as if there was an airplane in the room I realize that I stayed there during tourist season and because of this and the hotel's proximity to the beach and other attractions, the price for one night's stay is high, but it's not worth it because there is no AC.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BigMexicofan
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for posting your review for the Comfort Inn Newport. We were so glad that you chose our hotel for your lodging needs. Please be aware that only two of the thirty three hotels in Newport offer air conditioning and that you will pay a lot more money for an amenity that is not usually needed on the coast. We are very sorry about the issues you had with your television and are happy the Guest Service associate was able to get you fixed up. Please do keep us in mind for a future visit to the Oregon coast. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The staff was very friendly and courteous. Rooms clean. The morning breakfast saved us enough money to do an additional attraction on the bay. This is our second time at this hotel and I would suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JimC565
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn Newport, Your kind words and the fact that you have stayed with us on more than one occasion means the world to us. Everyone on our staff from the Guest Service agents to the owners of the hotel would like to pass on our thanks for your wonderful comments and we sincerely hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We visited this hotel over our anniversary weekend, Aug. 10-13th, 2012. This is a great place to stay. The room was very nice, newly redecorated/remodeled. The room was clean, but the windows haven't been washed in quite a while!
The staff was very nice & friendly-very helpful. The breakfast was pretty much standard items, with hot eggs, bacon & sausage. They worked hard to keep everything replenished, including the coffee.
We got a room on the top floor (3 stories) as requested. The microwave & fridge were so handy! We stayed for 3 nights & were very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front side of the hotel might have less noise from cars/guests arriving.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cherrie D

Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Inn Newport, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the entire staff was pleased with your review of our property. We were so happy that you enjoyed your time in Newport and that we added to your time spent. I would peronally like to thank for staying with us and really hope that you will consider us the next time you visit the Lincoln County area.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed one night because we had an early fishing trip the next morning.

The place was clean but not particularly attractive (or unattractive). Room size and bathroom were a smidge smaller than I expected. Our room had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a big new tv. Bed and pillows were comfy.

They have a free breakfast in the morning (in a windowless room), it was your typical hotel free breakfast with eggs from a mix, do it yourself waffle machines, etc.

Staff was fast and friendly.

Overall, this places was utterly average and unexceptional.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sashazur

Thank you for posting your review for the Comfort Inn Newport, The entire staff and the owners are constantly striving to make our property the best choice for travelers such as yourself and we are all very sorry that nothing in the hotel stood out as great in your eyes. Please do give us another chance to try and impress you should you ever have a reason to stay in Newport again, We would really aprreciate the chance to WOW you.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

As other reviewers have stated, this Comfort Inn seems to be a bit above average. Although we could only stay for one night, we enjoyed the close proximity to the beach (no more than a block away). The gals behind the desk were super in answering our questions and making suggestions on where to eat. We have stayed at other properties in the past that were also very nice, but the location and service here do give it the edge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank golfsierra47

Thank you for posting your review about the Comfort Inn Newport. Your remarks go a long way in helping us to run our business and your remarks are shared with the entire staff. If you are ever visiting the Newport area we would be honered to have you stay at our hotel again.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable! That's saying a lot because I have a bad back and I don't like most hotel beds. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've had and I travel 50-75 nights per year on business.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the wonderful comments you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Newport, Every member of our staff will go above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable. Your high marks will go a long way in helping us make the Comfort Inn the number one choice for savvy travelers like yourself. Please do come back and see us again.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Newport for 3 nights on business in early July.

After looking at most of the other options in town (price - location - reviews) it seemed to fit the bill for me and I was not at all disappointed.

Location is a block from the sea, 8mins (nice) walk to Nye Beach and prob 15mins from the historic harbour. Clea, typical rooms with flat screen TV. No aircon but I knew this before booking and the box fan was enough to create some airflow. I thought that the sheets/blankets on the bed were a little thin and woke up cold a couple of times but I'm sure they would have provided extra if I'd asked.

Very friendly staff who were always willing to help.

Price of room was reasonable.There are cheaper motel options in town where I have stayed before, but for an extra $30/night this is definitely a bit nicer. There are also (much) more expensive options like the Holiday Inn Express but their location is nowhere near as good and for me being here on business this was more than adequate.

Breakfast is as typical motel breakfasts go.....and it's about as good as its going to get. The hot choices are what you might expect, pre-made egg patties, ultra processed salty sausage, make your own waffles and something called biscuits and gravy. But there is also fresh fruit, boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, yogurt, danish pastries etc etc.

Breakfast in American chain motels is always a bit scary but I think that Chuck puts out a lot more than most and it probably is the best in Newport......plus it's free.....so no complaints from me.

Also want to send a shout-out to one of the ladies on reception. I "think" her name was Megan but not sure. I called up the Comfort Inn about 4 days after I had left when I realized I'd left my phone charger plugged into the wall. She couldn't find anything at first but kept looking and then discovered that it had been found and just put into the wrong box. It was very nice that she went the extra mile and didn't just check the first place that it could have been.

It would be awesome if the hotel would call guests as soon as they find out that something has been left (after all the phone charger was labeled with my room number and the date by the housekeeper) as I may have been able to swing back to pick it up, but I do appreciate her extra effort.

Overall this is nice, clean, functional, friendly place with reasonable rates in a good location. I will be returning to Newport 2-3 times a year and would hope to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room facing the sea/coast as I would think the sea breezes would help with th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bazza90036

Thank you for posting your review for the Comfort Inn Newport. We really appreciate the honest and forthright comments in your review and have passed on these comments to both the owners and the the staff at the Comfot Inn. Megan was delighted to see her name mentioned in your review as was I. We have purchased new sheets to replace the ones that were starting to wear a little thin and we sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again should you ever find yourself in Newport.
Comfort Inn