“Best Hotel!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed June 29, 2013

They have great service. Always smiling. Great Breakfast. Very clean. If you forgot anything they have it at the front desk. the cookies on the afternoon are the best. I go here every month. The pool and jacuzzi are in tip top shape very clean Also the weight room is excellent!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the place to stay if you have pets and kids. We loved the pool and hot tub and the pets were welcomed. It is close to everything and parking was a breeze. The staff a the desk were warm and friendly and very helpful with suggestions for the area attractions. We stayed in a suite with a king bed and a sofa bed for the kids. The king was really comfortable. We will definately stay there again !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The room was a good quality on the first floor. It was very clean and water pressure was great. There was a nice place to walk our dog. Joy, who checked us in, lived up to her name. She couldn't do enough for us - helping us figure out what to do while we were in town, and inviting us back for cookies at 7. She really sold us on the sold value of La Quinta Inns. Breakfast was very nice, with a different hot offering each day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Loved the mattresses! Best sleep in a motel/hotel ever! Nice place for dogs, with a grassy area on both ends of motel. Pirates Plunder right behind motel, where I found great vintage jewelry at a good price. Location is nice, and very close to beaches and shopping. We all liked the stay. We rented two rooms for 3 days each, for our married daughter and her husband. SHe complained that her mattress wasn't comfortable (room 220), but ours, in room 120, was the best! She is in advanced pregnancy so maybe she was just sore from travelling, or maybe her room did not have the same quality of mattress we had. Our room was a handicap accessible room, with a spacious shower, smaller sink area, and large bathroom. Daughter's room was larger sink area, with separate toilet/shower area. We'll stay there again, due to the wonderful mattresses in our room. We both had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was good, with very fresh bagels and cream cheese, scrambled egg patties, biscuits and gravy, waffles, juice, and the coffee was good, which is a big thing with me. My daughter and son-in-law were happy with their breakfast, as was my husband and I, and there was enough variety that we all had something that appealed to us. Pool and spa was so nice, and warm, after getting rained on, it felt wonderful, because they are both heated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I arrived late at night. Receptionist was polite and friendly. I was assigned a room on the third floor. Eager to get some rest I opened the room door and took two two steps inside before hearing the TV was on, and realizing there was a half-naked person lying on the bed, with their belongings scattered about the room. Somehow they didn't notice my intrusion, and I quietly closed the door.

The receptionist apologized and promptly assigned me another room. The room was large (almost too large for the furnishings), clean and quiet. The bed was comfy. It's best feature was the flat screen TV. The signal and picture quality were excellent. My only complaint was the carpet smelled musty. I noticed the hallway carpet and elevator smelled musty too. The hotel could use a renovation. The hallway floorboards creek and the room doors do not shut quietly.

Besides those minor hang-ups I enjoyed my two nite stay. Overall I rate it average for the price paid.

Ray