“Excellent Well-Located Facility”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
St.Albert
“Excellent Well-Located Facility”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We reserved an Oceanside King Room during a recent 'Oregon Coast' road trip and were very satisfied with this motel. It has a spectacular beach <although there are many others close by easier to walk on>, very quiet location, close by to Newport, and only 30 minutes from Lincoln City <Outlet Mall shopping>. The motel itself has a good pool area, is very well maintained, has an in-house restaurant & sports bar, and presents very clean. Staff are just great and couldn't of been friendlier. The room itself was a bit cramped <as was the bathroom> but had a mini-fridge and a super bed! Our main recommendation would be to clean the windows though as the view of the ocean was impeded. Judging from the blowing sand this could be a challenge! While there is a small balcony it isn't large enough to sit on. Dollies are available for luggage which is always a plus. The extra parking lot 'on top' was actually very easy to access and not an issue. WiFi worked fine in the AM and late at night but slowed down during heavy use time <7-9PM> - something that we've noticed at many motels. Our base rate was $153 which was in line for the time of year and room location. Would probably stay here again and can recommend it to others for consideration!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
TajanderStAlbert,

Thank you for your review, I find it very accurate of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will come stay again. Oh the windows are a challenge do to the sand and the salt air.
Judy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before and it doesn't disappoint it's a beautiful house right on the beach with good amenities and it's clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is terrific and they make life very easy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
gary w,

I loved what you had to say about our hotel. I really appreciate you writing your review. I think I have a great staff as well. We hope to see you again soon.
Mount Vernon, Wa, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here for a mini vacation. Also, to celebrate daughter's 16th Birthday. Was hoping to get an Oceanside room if came avail and it did not. Everyone at the Hotel was very friendly and helpful. Despite being sold out the Hotel was very quiet. Right next to the Ocean and what great sunset. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Angelquie J,

I am very sorry that we did not have an ocean view room available. I hope that you will come stay with us again when we do. I hope you and your daughter had a great time and do some fun things. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Clean, but sterile room with some lovely beach views. However, we checked out early and will not return again. As I checked in, my husband sought help from management staff in tuning the lobby TV to the PGA tournament. He mentioned he was going to tune in the tournament when we got to our room. When he was unable to get the tournament on our room TV, he spoke with other guests - several who told him local channels were only available in the lobby, gym and hotel sports bar. This has been the case for a month or so, and that many guests said they had complained to management to no avail. Front desk staff confirmed this. We left for another local hotel, more concerned about hotel management's deception than anything else. Disappointed in this company.

Room Tip: Some rooms feature beach views. Pets allowed.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
wordfisch,

I am very sorry about the TV as I was only told 2 days prior to your arrival that there was a problem. I called direct TV and they said it would require a tech to come out to see what was going on. Yes we do have a different package in the bar with more sports channels. Again I want to apologize and am very sorry this affected your stay with us. Thank you for your review and I hope you will come give us another chance.
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed one night at this large Best Western Plus and are so glad that we upgraded to an ocean view room. It's worth the extra dollars. Otherwise, you would have to go outside to enjoy the unobstructed view of the dunes. The rooms are updated and contemporary--very attractive. The bathroom is a little small, but nicely done with a granite vanity. There is a restaurant--which we didn't try--and breakfast is not included. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are considering a stop in Newport.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. Otherwise, you're wasting the opportunity to enjoy the stunning sunsets...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Shoemaven,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I always tell guests that it is so worth it to pay the extra for the ocean view. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Livermore, California
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a multi story Best Western. About half the rooms face the ocean and half face the parking lot. Pay a little extra and get the view of the ocean and lighthouse which is great. The grounds are nicely done and the restaurant serves pretty good food for both dinner and breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised. The hike to the ocean is pretty much that, a hike. This is not beach front but rather a beach view hotel.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the ocean and beach
1 Thank bullfrog60
bullfrog60,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleasantly surprised. I think it is worth the extra for the ocean view rooms. I do hope that you will come stay with us again. I appreciate your review.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

On the beach with beautiful views. Room was adequate..a bit dated. But the views made up for any deficiencies with the room...we slept with the huge sliding door open to listen to the waves and enjoy the cooler weather...Restaurant was just ok...service was a bit slow...I think our waiter was new and needed more experience..

Room Tip: Ocean view!!
1 Thank Maureen F
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Maureen F,

I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and the beautiful view! We are a work in progress as we have been doing things to upgrade the hotel with lots more to come. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.