“A nice place to stay”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've stayed here before and it doesn't disappoint it's a beautiful house right on the beach with good amenities and it's clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is terrific and they make life very easy.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

gary w,

I loved what you had to say about our hotel. I really appreciate you writing your review. I think I have a great staff as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here for a mini vacation. Also, to celebrate daughter's 16th Birthday. Was hoping to get an Oceanside room if came avail and it did not. Everyone at the Hotel was very friendly and helpful. Despite being sold out the Hotel was very quiet. Right next to the Ocean and what great sunset. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Angelquie J,

I am very sorry that we did not have an ocean view room available. I hope that you will come stay with us again when we do. I hope you and your daughter had a great time and do some fun things. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Clean, but sterile room with some lovely beach views. However, we checked out early and will not return again. As I checked in, my husband sought help from management staff in tuning the lobby TV to the PGA tournament. He mentioned he was going to tune in the tournament when we got to our room. When he was unable to get the tournament on our room TV, he spoke with other guests - several who told him local channels were only available in the lobby, gym and hotel sports bar. This has been the case for a month or so, and that many guests said they had complained to management to no avail. Front desk staff confirmed this. We left for another local hotel, more concerned about hotel management's deception than anything else. Disappointed in this company.

Room Tip: Some rooms feature beach views. Pets allowed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

wordfisch,

I am very sorry about the TV as I was only told 2 days prior to your arrival that there was a problem. I called direct TV and they said it would require a tech to come out to see what was going on. Yes we do have a different package in the bar with more sports channels. Again I want to apologize and am very sorry this affected your stay with us. Thank you for your review and I hope you will come give us another chance.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed one night at this large Best Western Plus and are so glad that we upgraded to an ocean view room. It's worth the extra dollars. Otherwise, you would have to go outside to enjoy the unobstructed view of the dunes. The rooms are updated and contemporary--very attractive. The bathroom is a little small, but nicely done with a granite vanity. There is a restaurant--which we didn't try--and breakfast is not included. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are considering a stop in Newport.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. Otherwise, you're wasting the opportunity to enjoy the stunning sunsets...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Shoemaven,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I always tell guests that it is so worth it to pay the extra for the ocean view. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a multi story Best Western. About half the rooms face the ocean and half face the parking lot. Pay a little extra and get the view of the ocean and lighthouse which is great. The grounds are nicely done and the restaurant serves pretty good food for both dinner and breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised. The hike to the ocean is pretty much that, a hike. This is not beach front but rather a beach view hotel.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the ocean and beach
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bullfrog60

bullfrog60,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleasantly surprised. I think it is worth the extra for the ocean view rooms. I do hope that you will come stay with us again. I appreciate your review.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

On the beach with beautiful views. Room was adequate..a bit dated. But the views made up for any deficiencies with the room...we slept with the huge sliding door open to listen to the waves and enjoy the cooler weather...Restaurant was just ok...service was a bit slow...I think our waiter was new and needed more experience..

Room Tip: Ocean view!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen F
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Maureen F,

I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and the beautiful view! We are a work in progress as we have been doing things to upgrade the hotel with lots more to come. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights for a conference. It was nice, and I was glad I paid extra for the oceanfront room. My only complaint was the wifi, which cut out and reconnected constantly. As a conference center, I expected wifi to be more reliable for business purposes.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashley V

Ashley V,

I appreciate your review and I agree with you completely, We had a whole new system installed last year and so I am looking into trying to get what is going on figured out with it. I so apologize and hope you will come stay with us again.
Judy judyk@agatebeachinn.com