Beautiful curb appeal and when we got out of the car to go in and register, the ocean scented breeze was awesome (that's the kind of thing you say when you live in central Arizona!!). Though our initial impression of the hotel was "like a resort," that impression didn't hold up on closer scrutiny…nothing bad…just not a resort. Because we would be staying just one night, we chose not to pay the extra $$ for an ocean view room and instead, stayed on the beach itself until almost dark and it was time to go inside. (But not until lots of sunset photos had been taken.) We had dinner at the onsite restaurant which has a nice view of the ocean and had the windows been clean we could have taken photos from our table. Our dinner was nice but my expectations were higher. When we got to the restaurant we waited 15 minutes for a host/hostess to greet and seat us…we ended out picking up two menus from behind the host station and walking in. Only two tables had seated guests so it didn't take long to figure out the delay in being greeted was slim staffing. Don't know how to rate the food but my salmon was cooked perfectly while the salad it was served with was wilted (mixed greens from a sack). The indoor pool did smell of heavy chlorine and dampness but it sparkled. The fitness room was small with minimal equipment (i.e., one treadmill, one elliptical, one bench, etc.) but it did have a full length window that faced the beach. Our N/S King room on the first floor had been recently renovated giving it a fresh look and the bathroom was very clean. Our window looked out over the parking lot which saved us some privacy when we had to open it and the blinds to let in cooler air. A complimentary breakfast is not offered but they do have carafes of fresh coffee in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our rooms have been recently redecorated and new carpet as of 7/31/2013! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Agate Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Agate Beach Hotel Newport
- Best Western Newport
- Newport Best Western
- Best Western Agate Beach Inn Newport, Oregon