“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Beaverton, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

First time staying at this hotel and we will be back, soon. Very family and pet friendly. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Only down side was restaurant did not meet expectations for such a fun hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Kimberly S,

I am so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay, I am so sorry that your dining experience was not as good! I looked through comment cards to see if you had filled one out as I would be interested in know what happened. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We decided to pay the extra to get the ocean view and it was worth it. A beautiful view of Yaquina lighthouse and Agate beach. Room was clean and comfortable. I will plan to stay again in the future. Newport is a fun to walk and eat.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view
Tina T,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.
San Jose, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have used this Motel for 15 years-brfore it was Days Inn and have always been satisfied. It has always been clean, the breakfast is tops and all workers have been very friendly and pleasant. I have business and family in this area and will continue to use this motel unless it deteriorates or becomes less than it is now.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Virgil M,

I was very sorry to hear about your dinner in the dining room. Our Chef is aware of this and looking into it! I do hope that you have noticed the upgrades we have done to our rooms in the last couple of years. We will be doing some upgrades in other parts of the hotel as well. I hope you will continue to stay with us for years to come. I appreciate your review.
Milton, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

first the confused is the tiny tiny balcony why bother you cant leave it open since you share it with three other rooms not safe you sure cant sit out there a joke of a balcony. love all the old pictures all over hotel the room was comfortable the view is nice but at a distance your not on the beach aways off of it infact I would give it a three and a half stares

Room Tip: top floor middle if you must have a view
Kyle M,

I am not sure why when this property was built years ago they only put step out balconies. We actually do not advertise that we have them for that reason. I also wish that we were right on the beach and the walk out to the water was closer. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We picked the BW Agate Beach Inn from our AAA Travel Book, and were very pleased with our stay. Our room was on the 5th floor with an ocean view which was beautiful. The room was very nice in size and nicely furnished. We were pleased to be able to open the sliding door to the small balcony and enjoyed leaving it open at night to be able to hear the ocean. We could see the entire beach and all of the way out to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. We had only planned to stay one night, but after we saw how nice it was we decided to stay for two nights rather than continuing further down the coast. The package we had included breakfast for two for only $10 additional per night, and the breakfast choices were generous and excellent. I used the pool, which is a very nice size for swimming laps, and my wife enjoyed using the exercise room. The reception staff was very pleasant and welcoming. We did have to park in the upper parking area, but luggage carts were readily available when we needed them.

Room Tip: It is definitely worth the additional cost for an ocean view room. The mountain view did not look p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
granddadb,

It is nice to know how you found out about our hotel and that we didn't disappoint you! I am happy to hear that your stay was a really great one and that you were able to enjoy the amenities we have to offer. I do hope when your in the area again that you will come and stay with us!
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We wanted ocean view since we were traveling with our brother in law, he has some handicaps and needed a room that would accommodate him as well. The hotel was wonderful when we made our reservation and on check-in they offered extra items such as a shower stool etc. Just did all they could to make our stay special. They have a wheelchair elevator to get down to the outside eating area which also has a wonderful view. The hotel restaurant had great food, the clam strips are the best. There is a gift shop in the hotel and Rolan the proprietor gave us excellent suggestions and directions to the lighthouse and other areas with good access for our brother. I used the indoor pool and hot tub the morning we were checking out and the view from that area was fantastic as well, huge area and perfect setting. We will be back!

H973ZOlauraf,

I am so glad to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and went above and beyond to make your stay comfortable for you and your family. I agree with you about the view I never get tired of looking at it! It is nice to hear that you will be back.
fargo, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

everything was good, except rooms not properly insulated, very noisy, especially at night when other guests flush toilets or have to leave very early in the morning. We like the continental breakfast more than the set menu in the dininig room

Gideon M,

I appreciate your review of our hotel. I am very sorry that the rooms were noisy to you! I do hope you will come and stay with us again.