“Nice location”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Vancouver, BC
“Nice location”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel was located right on the beach, we unfortunately did not get a view of the beach but the location was great if you wanted to go for walks along it. It is a bit far from the old part of Newport but the location on the beach makes up for it. The rooms were very nice, however we were a bit disappointed that breakfast was not included. The staff was friendly and overall we did enjoy staying here.

Room Tip: Try to get a ocean view room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Emy1,

I appreciate your review, You must come stay again and get an ocean view room. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Even though it is quite a little walk you can walk the beach all the way to the Nye Beach area. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Grass Valley, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Location, rooms, lounge and service were excellent. The beachfront view was an especially attractive feature. I did miss the free breakfast that we have become used to, as this motel just offered a discount on the breakfast offered in their restaurant. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

David D,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the beach. I am sorry we did not offer a free breakfast. We do offer a $5.00 special each morning in the dining room. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The location has a great view of the beach, ocean, a light house. A little ways out of town, traffic noise muted. I was disappointed by the atmosphere, almost a deserted feeling. Very surprised when at 11:30 PM, much heated loud conversation for at least 30 minutes, quiet until 2:30 then party noise for over an hour and then obvious sexual happenings! Not a fun experience-at least for us!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I want to apologize for your disappointing stay with us! I am not sure if you let the front desk know as we can usually take care of the noise problems when we are made aware. Again I do apologize and hope you will give us another try. I appreciate your comments!
Christmas Valley, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Hotel was beautiful. Great rooms, service, and pool area. The on site Lounge is a nice amenity at the end of a long day on the beach. It is nice to be able to find an upscale hotel that is pet friendly. However, outside pet area is very limited. Ocean view is amazing. Overall the hotel was great, but for price breakfast should be included.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Shayla M,

I appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you did enjoy your stay with us. We are trying to come up with an area that would be for our furry friends but haven't figured it out yet. I hope that you will come stay with us again.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice pool, great fitness center. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Nice view of the ocean....easy walk to the beach. Restaurant a little over priced, but good food. Cozy lobby. Staff goes above and beyond. Great little espresso/gift shop!

Diane Olsen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, I am very happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. I appreciate the feedback about the dining room. We hope to see you again soon.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised on how nice the room was! Beautiful view, nice big room with fridge , micro, and coffee pot! Love the little extras like having outlets to plug in your phone conveniently right next to each bed. Nice not having to unplug the clock radio just to plug my phone in! I'm a huge lighthouse fan so seeing the blinking light in the distance was the high light for me! We ordered room service for breakfast and were not disappointed! Hot and very fresh! Good service as well. I read some other reviews saying the slamming doors bothered them , but I can honestly say our room was very quiet. Would definitely go back ! Pet Friendly too!

Stayed May 2014
1995win,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the light house. I have taken so many pictures as it is beautiful. I do hope you will come stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Seaside, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel, the only problems we encountered were nonfunctional icemakers on 2 floors. The views were great, and beach access was alright from the hotel. This is a great hotel to travel a short distance to the Aquarium, Hatfield Marine Science center, Old Bay front and other fun sites to visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Eric S,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very sorry about the ice machine. I know it was back up running very soon. I do hope you will come stay with us again.