“Pleasant surprise in Newport, OR”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Most of the hotels we have stayed at in Newport were old and run down. The Best Western, Agate Beach was a pleasant surprise. We will definitely be returning in the near future. The view is breathtaking and the ease of reaching the beach are a plus.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Janet S,
What great news that you found us and was pleasantly surprised. Even though we still have somethings to work on here we try very hard to maintain and keep our hotel clean! I was glad to hear you will return. Thank you for taking the time to write your review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'd rate this Best Western among the best motels I've had the opportunity to stay at. Staff was outstanding, the room excellent and restaurant and bar very good. The rooms on the Southwest side of building provide excellent ocean and beach views. This is the best bang for your buck on the entire Oregon Coast. The walk to the beach is a few hundred yards down a private drive and a evening patio drink at the bar a good way to end the day.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I am so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed our hotel and what all we have to offer. I love the fact that if you didn't want to go out you have it all right here. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again and thank you for your great review of our property!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We love the fact the hotel is pet friendly and the view is great, it's close to beach access and the beach is amazing. We have never been disappointed with the cleanliness and appearance of the accommodations. Overall the experience was great and we look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Nelson L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, I am very pleased that you like our hotel and the fact that it is pet friendly. We do try hard to make sure our hotel is kept clean. We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you are traveling for business or pleasure be sure to stop by the Best Western Agate Beach Inn hotel in Newport Oregon. I am a business traveler and I stay a many hotels each year. The Best Western Agate Beach Inn is one of my favorite stops. It has everything from one of the best views on the Oregon coast and a great restaurant and lounge as well. Do yourself a favor next time you travel to Newport and book your stay at the Best Western Agate Beach Inn. It truly feels like you are staying at a vacation resort. Travel safe, Michael Moore

Michael M,

We are so happy that you enjoy staying with us and that we are one of your favorite places to stay. I really appreciate that you took the time to write you review about our hotel and we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Best Westerns can be hit and miss but this one is first class at reasonable rates.

It's a new property and still smell new with great views and access to the beach just short walk away.

Property has a very nice 3 star restaurant, sports bar and fireplace sitting area.

Enjoy

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Don L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, We are happy that your enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll return soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have a thing for lighthouses and when I opened the curtain in the morning (I arrived after dark) I was thrilled to see that the ocean view included Yaquina Head Lighthouse! Having been on the road since the day after Christmas I was in need of a restful couple days which is just what this room provided. First time I have stayed in this BW but not the last! Just hoping my work will take me back to Newport before this project is over....I already know where I'll be staying.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Penny L,

I am with you, I love the view of the lighthouse from our hotel! I am happy that you were pleasantly surprised when you opened you curtain. I am very glad that you had a relaxing time here at our hotel and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

A good place with wonderful ocean view.
The hotel has a direct beach access path. A beautiful little garden by hotel restaurant.
The restaurant also offers nice ocean view. We had a nice breakfast & dinner at this hotel restaurant. Home made smoked salmon was excellent. The room was spacious & very clean.
The bed was very comfortable. good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Shaun P,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will defiantly come back again. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.