“Agate Beach Best Western”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed Dec. 22-25...absolutely loved the room we stayed in and very much appreciated the friendly (and considerate) staff. Front desk, restaurant & lounge, housekeepers...all were quite accomodating and even went above and beyond the norm. We agreed when making our plans to "not" exchange gifts but I couldn't keep my agreement. I knew what she wanted, purchased it, hid it in my car for several days and one of the desk clerks delivered the "Kindle Fire HD" to her in the restaurant while we were having a great Christmas dinner. Worked very well, so...A BIG THANKS !!!

Room Tip: Just call in advance for your reservation and GO! you will be glad you did. We got a good rate calle...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I am so happy to hear you had such a good stay with us! You are defiantly a good secret keeper to have hid the gift in the car! It was so nice of the staff to help you with your surprise ! When coming to the beach I hope that you will come stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review it is appreciated.
Sandy
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Absolutely loved the location, value, service, mattresses... everything! We found a favorite hotel finally to stay in when we go for a weekend getaway to the coast. The front desk staff, gift shop, everyone was great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
That is the best news! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We look forward to seeing you again!
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was our second time staying at the BW Agate Beach. While the rooms are a bit dated, they are clean and much to our surprise, when we arrived, our room was upgraded to an ocean view room. The staff is very friendly and I love how pet friendly the hotel is. We received "pet sheets" for the bed as well as treats and a poop bag. You can walk to Agate Beach in a few minutes. Will stay again, next time we visit Newport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We are in the process of getting ready to do some updating to our property and rooms. It is nice that we are pet friendly and love to see all the different breeds of dogs. Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel since it opened as a Hilton in 1981. We will have been responsible for five conferences there that completely filling the hotel. It originally was a Hilton, then became the Newport Inn which in its last days was really run down. Then it became a Holiday Inn and Finally a Best Western. The best management has been the Best Western. It is a well maintained hotel, though it is time that the single pane wall of windows in the rooms are replaced to solve the window fogging problem when you shower in the room even if you leave the vent fan on. As I said the rooms are clean and well kept up, though I understand the rooms will be completely renovated this winter. The Thanksgiving buffet was EXCEPTIONAL. The best I have seen for even twice the price. And I can judge these dinners as we always go out to eat somewhere on Thanksgiving and have done so for more than 20 years. We have been to places like Sunriver, Skamania, Suncadia, Brasada Ranch and other top of the line places. None were better than this for the meal served and many charged twice the price.

Room Tip: Highest floor facing the ocean are best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Harold G
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review, The Thanksgiving Buffet was so good as I did eat at the end! I had nothing but rave reviews as guest left! We are looking forward to your group being here again this next year. I am also very anxious to see how the rooms turn out as well!
Alsea
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I enjoyed my stay. The room, service and view were excellent. I will stay here again in the future.
****I do not think that the reviews should be required to be 200 characters in length. This needs to be fixed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and glad to hear you will be back! Thank you for taking the time to write your review!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We decided to spend thanksgiving at the Oregon Coast and booked a room at the Best Western Plus Agate Beach. I discovered that my online booking had put us into a pet room. When I explained to the desk clerk that we didn't have a pet, she quickly gave me a nice fourth floor room with a great ocean view. The two clerks were very nice and I would like to commend them. They were Gina C. and Rachael. Both were very professional and friendly. I find that the first contact at a hotel sets the tone for the rest of one's stay, and these two made me feel valued and welcome. Needless to say I'll be back.
Now to the room. Very nice fourth floor ocean view with large windows/sliding glass door from which one can look down on birds flying by since with the siting of the building, the fourth floor is perhaps more like the 8th from sea level. The rooms were well maintained, and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: I think any west facing room would have a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tommag66
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
What an awesome review, I do have a wonderful staff and your review just confirms this. I am so happy that your stay here with us was a good one and I hope that we will see you again soon!