“Number 1 for pets”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Currently Oregon
“Number 1 for pets”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

And good for people too! This is a nicely run Best Western. High floor view rooms are great with views to the ocean and north to Yaquina light house. A short and easy walk down the hill to expansive beach. Good place for pets to be sure as there were quite a few. Also, good pet control rules such as no leaving alone in room... With the exception if you are in the restaurant or bar you can leave your cell phone number at front desk in case of whine or barking issue. Think of this place as expansive and roomy. Nice restaurant and spacious bar. Big lobby. Excellent wi fi in room. Need anything? Wal Mart, though unseen is adjacent.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I am glad you appreciate that we are pet friendly! It is so fun to see all the different breeds of animals that we have stay with us. We are in a great location to be able to have a great view and see the lighthouse. I hope that we will see you again! Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Chiclana de la Frontera, Spain
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights , just turned up and got a room. Staff at reception efficient but what about a smile! Lovely big room with fridge , tea/coffee making machine , safe etc etc and wonderful view of the vast beach , which you step from the hotel strait on to.
You can actually step over the boundary into Walmart from the top carpark--very helpful for those extra provisions!
The first night we made the mistake of visiting the Starfish Restaurant--dreadful salad served by a miserable hag! She was very offhand , miserable and , in the end , darn right rude. Perhaps she doesn´t like English people! We did not eat there again.
This hotel is well placed to see the area , but the river and waterfront with it´s fabulous fish restaurants are the other end of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view on the 6th floor--worth the little extra.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property, I see that you had a problem with our dining room while you were here. Let me start by saying how sorry I am that this happened, I do not know if you reported this or not as I didn't hear anything. I assure you that customer service is a priority to me and I want each and everyone of our guest regardless of nationality to feel welcomed into our hotel and restaurant. I hope that you will come back and give us another try.
New Albany, MS
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very nice hotel on north side of town. On beach. Did not pay for beach front view since we were only there for 1 night. We did walk out to the beach this next morning. Just a short distance but is down a hill if you have anyone with you that this would provide a problem. Also beautiful view of lighthouse in the distance. Very nice rooms. Comfy beds!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
You will have to come stay with us longer and stay in an ocean view room. We get more compliments on our beds with guest calling to ask what they are so they can get that kind for their homes. Thank you for your review.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Breakfast not included, they have a $5.00 breakfast special that varies each day. We decided to split a crab, avocado, and cheese omelet instead that was delicious. The room was elegant but the walls so thin that it sounded like a loud party was going on in the next room. I called and requested that they either take care of that or move us. Within seconds the "partying" stopped and we didn't hear a peep after that. Room with a phenominal ocean view $30.00 more per night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I never get tired of the view we have to enjoy every day. I am also glad to hear the the one problem you had with your stay was taken care of right away. We always try to correct things as soon as we are let known about it. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Surrey
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is rather grander than the general run of BW's - it is more a hotel than a motel. It has six floor and the car park is on an adjacent hill which means that you walk across a walkway form the car park into the hotel but on the 6th floor! There is a view to die for for those lucky enough to have a seaward facing room ( we did not alas). There is a rear exit from which you can access the beach which is only a few yards away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I agree about the view it is so beautiful, so worth the extra $ to have an oceanview room. I hope you will stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
west palm beach
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was skeptical about my stay here due to the mixed reviews I read. I had visions of some of the nasty hotel rooms in the Keys, I was very pleasantly surprised. The property is very well maintained, albeit some areas of the property could be updated. Check in/out was effortless.

The business center was convenient for printing out boarding passes and everything was in working order.

The room was immaculate, they even had germ-free remote controls for the t.v. The towels were soft and fluffy, the bed was comfortable and the room was quite. I could not hear my neighbors at all. It was a bonus to have a galley area with microwave, refrigerator and coffee amenities.

They have a very nice and well stocked sports bar with a very nice fire place,and a very nice/clean restaurant both over looking the beach.

The indoor pool and hot tub were very nice and well maintained.

The view is beautiful with the whales off in the distance blowing water and the Lighthouse off of the jetty.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor of any Hotel so I don't hear foot traffic above.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lvelnd
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking your time and writing the great comments about our hotel, We have so many people that stay with us that feel the same way, It is always nice to hear the good as well as things we may need to correct! Thank you again!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Went there with my family of 4, loved it! very clean, great service, never used the restaurant or the breakfast, but it's very clean.

They don't have continental breakfast, but you get vouchers if you're interested. Also, there's a Walmart very close by, so you can do a bit of grocery shopping and have your own breakfast for cheap. You see lots of people walking around with Walmart bags.
View is 100% gorgeous. Extra charge though obviously, but so worth it!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Genesm12
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us, the pictures you posted are just what it looks like. I am very lucky to be able to see this view everyday! Your are right the view is so worth every penny! Thank you for your comments!