“It is a good value”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
albany oregon
“It is a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed here in february 2012. I reserved two rooms. It was very clean. The service was only ok. I felt that they were not very helpful.However, the staff in the restraunt were so very friendly. The bathrooms are also very small. The hot tub is not very hot.It seemed to be just a little warmer then the pool. We waited for twenty minutes for the elevator on check out day. The view is amazing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for your review, I was very sorry to hear that you didn't feel our staff was helpful! This is unacceptable to me and glad that I will have the chance to work on things with my staff as our guest are very important to us! I do hope that you reported the problem of the hot tub temperature to our desk so that we could take a look to see if there was a problem. I also hope that you will come visit us again. Judy Kuhl GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Forest Grove, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel, The staff was great and very helpful. My family loved the pool and hot tub the most the water temp was perfect!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your great comments we are pleased you enjoyed your stay!
Salem, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

My family and I first stayed here in Thanksgiving of 2010 and were absolutely blown away! The Thanksgiving buffet is amazing! The pool facility is great! The beds are comfy and the rooms are very nice. The view is positively incredible! Even though you do have to cross the street, it is a very short walk to Agate Beach.
The service is excellent. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. One time when my family was staying here, there were some boys at the pool who were throwing a BOOGIE BOARD into the water and then jumping on it. It was very rude and when my mother went down to complain (the rest of the family was already in the water), an employee came down promptly and asked them to leave, no questions asked. Very impressive!
The restaurant is a little pricy, but most hotel restaurants are, and there are many great places to eat in Newport.
We have probably stayed in this hotel 4 times since that first Thanksgiving and refuse to stay anywhere else when we visit Newport. We all agree that one of the most exciting parts about our visits to Newport is getting to stay in what is probably just about our favorite hotel anywhere! We highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend staying here when you visit Newport!

(Note: The time we stayed, indicated below, is our most recent stay.)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel! We are so happy that you like our hotel and is a tradition to your family. Hope to see you again soon!
Manzanita, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed in Newport for a night, and found this hotel because their pool looked incredible, which it was. It was the biggest, and warmest pool we have been in on the Oregon Coast. The rooms however were a bit outdated, and needed a makeover. The toilet kept not flushing, and the heater kept making loud noises when it was set a certain way. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hallways were a bit dark, cold, and felt dingy. The view was spectacular from the the pool, the hallways, and restaurant. Which by the way is ok, if you are hungry and want to eat that restaurant on the ground floor will do. We would be back but only because the pool, and the prices were decent.

Room Tip: Get a ocean view room only if the weather is nice, and you are going to be in your room quite a bit...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I am glad that you enjoyed our swimming pool we get great comments on it! We are still in the process stage of doing some upgrading to our rooms. We are hoping that some of the things will be done by the end of the year. I do hope that you reported the problems that you had to our front desk. We hope to see you again soon!
Seal Rock, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We went to the restaurant at the Agate Beach Inn for Thanksgiving last weekend. OMG, it was fantastic!!! By far THE best dressing I've ever had. Sorry Grandma, but it's true. Three entrees plus Dungeness crab legs, large prawns and smoked salmon plus salads and an incredible array of side dishes. The desserts were melt-in-your-mouth heavenly. Anyone who was age 55 or older paid $16.95 each otherwise it was $21.95. There were a lot of people there but I still don't know how they broke even on such a huge buffet. Perhaps the bar? The wait staff was exemplary. I usually don't recommend going out for the holidays, but I plan to go there again next year. Why cook when I can go somewhere that's better than I can do and much cheaper? I give this buffet 10 Stars!

Room Tip: We didn't stay in the rooms but I did here comments from people who did. No disappointments.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
We are so happy that you enjoyed the Thanksgiving day Buffet, This was my first year hear as a manger and was quite impressed myself! I have passed your great comments along to the staff and hope to see you other times as well. Thank you!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Great place to stay at, I am a housekeeping inspector at my hotel and the room my family and i stayed in was wonderful and very clean. The housekeepers are great. I enjoyed my stay here with my family. Defiantly a lot of things to do around the area. My family and i hope to stay here again in the future. Will be recommending this place to friends and Family. Enjoyed everything about your hotel keep up the good work!

Room Tip: High Floor rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Djara1991
Thank you so much for your great comments, I have passed them along to the staff! I appreciate you taking the time to write your comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Coquille, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

The previous night I had stayed in Woodburn where I was in a room next to the elevator. Since I didn't get much sleep that night, I decided to stop in Newport instead of fighting to stay awake the rest of the way home. Great decision!

I wish I was better at remembering names but the gal at the Front Desk (Judy?), was wonderfully accommodating. She let me check in around 11AM. After a nap, I had a wonderful time exploring Newport (one of my favorite spots along the coast). The 6th floor view was to die for even on a stormy day. Amazingly enough, the same friendly gal remembered me and the room I was in when I went to check out.

A big plus is the pet friendly atmosphere (though I didn't discover the treat bag for the dog until I was about to leave.) There's a bridge from the 6th floor that goes right to the upper parking lot. Very handy for walks with the dog, especially when it's raining and windy.

I saw absolutely nothing I'd consider "outdated".

The restaurant was handy during a stormy visit. The wait staff and the food were excellent.

Room Tip: It looks like you might have to ask for an ocean view (especially during tourist season). The bridge...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo