“Best Thanksgiving Buffet Ever!!!”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We went to the restaurant at the Agate Beach Inn for Thanksgiving last weekend. OMG, it was fantastic!!! By far THE best dressing I've ever had. Sorry Grandma, but it's true. Three entrees plus Dungeness crab legs, large prawns and smoked salmon plus salads and an incredible array of side dishes. The desserts were melt-in-your-mouth heavenly. Anyone who was age 55 or older paid $16.95 each otherwise it was $21.95. There were a lot of people there but I still don't know how they broke even on such a huge buffet. Perhaps the bar? The wait staff was exemplary. I usually don't recommend going out for the holidays, but I plan to go there again next year. Why cook when I can go somewhere that's better than I can do and much cheaper? I give this buffet 10 Stars!

Room Tip: We didn't stay in the rooms but I did here comments from people who did. No disappointments.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

We are so happy that you enjoyed the Thanksgiving day Buffet, This was my first year hear as a manger and was quite impressed myself! I have passed your great comments along to the staff and hope to see you other times as well. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Great place to stay at, I am a housekeeping inspector at my hotel and the room my family and i stayed in was wonderful and very clean. The housekeepers are great. I enjoyed my stay here with my family. Defiantly a lot of things to do around the area. My family and i hope to stay here again in the future. Will be recommending this place to friends and Family. Enjoyed everything about your hotel keep up the good work!

Room Tip: High Floor rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Djara1991

Thank you so much for your great comments, I have passed them along to the staff! I appreciate you taking the time to write your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2011

The previous night I had stayed in Woodburn where I was in a room next to the elevator. Since I didn't get much sleep that night, I decided to stop in Newport instead of fighting to stay awake the rest of the way home. Great decision!

I wish I was better at remembering names but the gal at the Front Desk (Judy?), was wonderfully accommodating. She let me check in around 11AM. After a nap, I had a wonderful time exploring Newport (one of my favorite spots along the coast). The 6th floor view was to die for even on a stormy day. Amazingly enough, the same friendly gal remembered me and the room I was in when I went to check out.

A big plus is the pet friendly atmosphere (though I didn't discover the treat bag for the dog until I was about to leave.) There's a bridge from the 6th floor that goes right to the upper parking lot. Very handy for walks with the dog, especially when it's raining and windy.

I saw absolutely nothing I'd consider "outdated".

The restaurant was handy during a stormy visit. The wait staff and the food were excellent.

Room Tip: It looks like you might have to ask for an ocean view (especially during tourist season). The bridge...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Gunta14
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We spent 2 nights at the Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn. Our room was on the 6th floor with a wonderful view of the ocean and sunsets. The hotel is dog friendly and had a little treat bag for our pup. From the first floor it's about 100 yards to the beach access. We ordered breakfast from the restaurant. Fantastic food, I had the Eggs, Potatoes and Razor Clams and my wife had the Bagel and Salmon. Our stay was very enjoyable and we will be returning.

Room Tip: Ocean front high floor for the best views of the beach and sunsets. Upper parking lot has access dir...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cdseil
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, The picture you took is beautiful, I actually remember that day the sky was like that. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed recently on the Oregon Coast for a work meeting. Typically most best westerns are nice and up to date. This one was not. The staff was friendly but the room was less to be desired.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank duckdog98604

I am very sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with our property, Yes we do need to make some upgrades and are currently working on some things. I do hope you come back when we have done this. I appreciate your comments.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

The hotel is right off the main highway and only a two minute walk from Agate Beach. The room was large and clean, the restaurant seemed a little old and outdated, although the food was very good. Will probably stay here again just to visit the beach!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, You mentioned that our restaurant seemed out dated. We have just put 7 all new Flat Screen TVs in our lounge this last weeks so that it is updated. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

While this is an older property and our pet room faced the highway--which we knew before arrival--the hotel was extremely pet friendly, allowing dogs of any weight, and the staff was more than friendly and helpful. We had a spacious room with two beds and it was very clean and quiet. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will come back to see us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.