“A Hearty Breakfast Spot”
Review of Courthouse Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Courthouse Cafe
Cuisines: American
Newport, OR
“A Hearty Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My only meals in the CC have been breakfasts while waiting for court business to begin or conclude.
It a small place, but the breakfasts are first class and I assume the lunches are, too. The coffee is hot and good and the offerings are just what a good breakfast should be. No chi-chi offerings here. I like it.

Visited November 2012

Surprise, Arizona
“I Guess I am in the Minority”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Sunday, we went in for breakfast around 10:30A. Busy, but not full. The waitress was not very pleasant at all. When we said we were ready to order, my asked for a BLT. The waitress said it is not lunch time and "he won't make it". "We are too busy.". Breakfast they have TOAST. and BACON. How far away would the lettuce and tomato be?? Had the waitress--AT LEAST- said, let me ask, but I don't think so, that would have been OK, and we probably would have STAYED and my wife order something else. We left, and went to the Newport Cafe--much better food and friendly folks. Did a review on them as well. Maybe this was just a "bad day" for our waitress.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank retireddl
“A good greasy spoon.”
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

My son and husband rated this the best breakfast they'd had so far in our week long vacation. My husband had the chicken fried steak and my son a meat and cheese omelet. The food was good and no nonsense as was the waitress. Bring cash or checks as they don't take credit or debit. We'd come back.

Hermiston, Oregon
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Courthouse Cafe has limited hours that they are open but the food makes up for it. They have one of the best breakfasts in the area and the service is good

Visited August 2011