“Its the only game in town”

Newport Cinema Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Fun & Games in Newport
Baker City, Oregon
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Its the only game in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Comfy seats, fairly top movies although I was told by staff the reason they don't have the BIG releases is the cost of renting them vs sales. Snacks & concessions, well, bring your platinum Visa, don't leave home without it!

Visited July 2013

Newport, OR
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A Small Town Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm not a movie house operations, so let the following suffice. I'd seen a TV feature on the new Sandra Bullock movie "Heat" and I thought idly, "Well it will come to Newport sometime in 2023."

So imagine my surprise when I discovered it playing upon my return to Newport from a business trip. I was happily surprised.

Visited May 2013
Port Townsend, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were surprised at what a nice theater. It is quite a ways out of Newport, and we thought we missed it. Good popcorn too and friendly staff.

Visited July 2013
Pendleton, Oregon, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Even after being newly renovated, it's just meh. The staff was very rude. My mom and I went to see a kids movie. It was a rainy day and we had nothing else better to do. The girl snickered when we asked for our tickets like it was ridiculous that we would see such a movie.
The concessions were outrageous. I've never seen movie theater snacks so expensive!
The theater itself was alright; stadium style seating, but pretty dirty. Definitely not worth the money, or the drive half way out of town.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kenna D
Yachats, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best theater for miles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We live in Yachats, so right in the middle of Florence and Newport. When it comes to movie theaters Newport has Florence beat hands down. They have stadium style seating with big comfy chairs and the prices are affordable. Much cheaper then seeing the same movie in the big city. They also have a rewards program that will earn you free food and tickets. A must go if you are a movie lover!

Visited April 2013