“I love this place.”

Arr Place
Ranked #45 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Phone: (541) 265-4240 79 people have voted on this restaurant on Urban Spoon. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/243/1144265/restaurant/Oregon/Arr-Place-Newport
Oregon Coast
“I love this place.”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Watch the chef prepare your meal. Laugh over a great glass of wine or cocktail and when the food arrives...oh, wow. Try the Rib Eye, which is tender and decadent and is he basting that with balsamic vinegar? Hmm...steal a bite of the sole topped with Bechamel from your friend and think dayamn, that's amazing, too! I have never had a mediocre meal in this place. They love what they do and it shows. I am a local and this is where I bring my friends when they come to visit Newport...'nuff said.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank OregonCoastKelly

Northern California
“Best Real Restaurant in America”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

While I can only comment on places I've actually dinened in, There are very few, 330 in San Anselmo, South Park in SF (for instance) that are owned and operated by the chef and waitstaff. I'm unfamiliar with most "worker owned" resteraunts, just these few small owner operated places where either the chef or the couple run the place.

Arr's is Great food, real human, yes, personal and perhaps not groveling service, and a menu that reflects what's good and avialable NOW. there is very little proccessed food (perhaps none) in the product. Amy and Robert likely make almost everything from scratch except the drinks, whcih at least have no corn surup.

I've dined at Arr's place at least 5 times over 10 years and never had a bad meal, not even a "off" meal. I have been reminded that I'm in someone elses's house on occasion and it's a good idea to have some paitence and consideration as one would display anywhere in public, and hopefully in private.

Great food, Great People, Fair Vaule. Highly Recomended!

• Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful Find, if You Can Find It!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

On a week-long road trip down the Oregon and Northern California coast, this was the hands-down favorite restaurant of our entire family – including our high schooler and very finicky college-age son.

It is VERY difficult to find because there isn't any signage on the front of the building near the door. There is only one sign and it is way up high on the back of the building. We ended up calling for directions. (If I were you, I'd do that first.) Once there, though, we had an amazing evening thanks to our hosts, a friendly husband and wife team who are as unique as the food they serve.

It was like being invited to someone's home for a gourmet dinner. She provided friendly, entertaining service and keep us laughing. Yet somehow never interrupted our conversation. He made incredible, creative dishes to order with fresh, local, organic ingredients. We always felt tended to, but never rushed. The table was ours for the evening. Even the music was great. (The homemade bread was AMAZING! And be sure to leave room for dessert!)

One warning: they do not accept credit cards, so come with cash. It is well worth a stop at the cash machine.

We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Island_Momz
Waldorf
“Out-of-the-way and pricey”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A little hard to find - back off the street, down a short hill. A Mom & Pop, that serves what they have on any day. $10 burgers and $37 steaks...a little pricey for me, but the food was good and portions large. I guess Newport thinks the area is worth the higher prices...seems to be wide-spread across most restaurants!

Visited May 2013
South Beach, Oregon
“Wow!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's always a pleasure to eat a ARR place, I love the owners and the creative dishes and the atmosphere is A+!

Visited January 2013