“Don't pay for the package.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Ranked #14 of 47 things to do in Newport
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't pay for the package.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We decided to splurge and spend $50 for the two of us (my boyfriend and I) to go to all three attractions.. The wax museum, ripleys, and the underwater gardens. Ripleys had some interesting stuff, but was old and strange... there were two pretty cool parts, but I wont spoil the fun for you! The wax museum on the other hand.. was just plain horrible. Awful wax figures (seriously, they were bad.) and you couldn't touch any of them!! They were ALL roped off! Except Johnny Depp. Lol. Then, the underwater sea gardens.. you had to wait an hour to see a "show" so we just walked down and looked at the fishies. Pretty.. but not worth the money we paid. IF you're gonna go, just see one. Maybe ripleys.. idk.

1 Thank Laura P

Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not worth it anymore.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I remember they had a lot of fun stuff when I was younger but did away with most of it because of people complaining I guess. It's just not worth they money- any of the exhibits. Save your money and keep walking I wish I would have.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank mikaxmew
Beaverton, Oregon
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Two visits is one too many.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went hear about 20 years ago when I was 20, then went again last weekend. I shoulda just kept walking. A typical tourist trap just like the wax museum next door. It's not awful and I guess if you've never been than you could try it, just don't expect much for your $12. The undersea garden across the street is a *little* more interesting due to the live animals, but if you're into that sort of thing just save your money and go to the world class Newport Aquarium across the bridge on the other side of the bay.

Orlando, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The kids loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Had family passes and the kids just LOVED it there!

They loved it so much, we went back the next day!

I was thrilled to be able to meet Bigfoot too!

Its a lil hot and smelly in there, but it adds to the WOW factor im sure!

We will definitely be back!

1 Thank created4thecreator
Portland, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

If only someone had told me about these lame exhibits....okay so you're curious and you have time to kill and money to waste...it will help you craft your review. The walk thru ends in an overstuffed gift shop. If you get the combo deal the Wax Museum will end here as well. They are all one time through and over in about 30-45 minutes if you stop to read stuff. If this were $5, I would not feel robbed but at $12.....

1 Thank Nikki N