“Couldn't Have Been Better`”

Yaquina Bay Charters
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a friendly, family owned and operated office offering premium ocean sport fishing charters for Albacore Tuna, Rockfish, Halibut, and Salmon. Rockfishing trips are available year-round, but Tuna, Halibut, and Salmon keep us very busy from May through September. We do not overcrowd our boats and have a maximum load of 16 fisherman for Rockfish, 12 for Halibut and Salmon, and 10 for Tuna on our two large boats. Private parties may bring as few or as many people desired up to 30. We run two twin 43ft. Deltas, the Crackerjack and Gracie K, and we also have a smaller 27ft. 6-pack boat named the Jana Sea which allows 6 maximum passengers for premium trips. We're located right next to the Embarcadero Resort Hotel in Newport on the Historic Bayfront.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Couldn't Have Been Better`”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our trip was booked with another charter but had to cancel at the last moment due to conflict. The charter contacted Yaquina Bay Charters & despite the very short notice, they accomodated our party for Rockfish & crabs. The entire team was superb & even when the enevitable suprises came up, they quickly took care of everything. We nailed the fish & hauled the crab, making it a terrific overall experience. We highly recommend booking with Yaquina Bay.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Bruce V

Baker City, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Halibut trip and return for Tuna trip booked”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We set off the first weekend of Halibut season this May,my son and I were running a little late but made it just in time.Jack was very helpful and helped fly us though check in.We had a great day out Capt.and deck hand were friendly making sure our bait was fresh the bite was slow that day.My son and I plus his best friend are going out this Aug. for Tuna we can hardly wait,I've tried other charters in Newport and I don't like to leave negitive feedback so I didn't bother rating the others.
Friendly staff,Value for money,I have already recommended them to all my fishing buddys.
It's worth the 7 hour trip to the coast for sure.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank 589bruced
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Crews, Great value, Great experience!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We fished with Yaquina Bay Charters three times this Spring. Every trip we were on was a BLAST!! Great Crews from Captain Jack, to Captain Shannon, and Mary Beth, are spot on great people! If you fish a lot, or have never fished before, they are a great crew with great attitudes, service and knowledge.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank JBass91
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Charter Company on the Oregon Coast.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been out fishing with Captain Jack and crew more times than I can count. Every time I have a great time. Captain Jack and crew are always laid back, friendly, and most importantly, know where the fish are.

I would recommend (and have) them to anybody.

Victor

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Vumnitz
Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best crew out there”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The crew made this salmon fishing trip the best trip ever. Even the rough waters that day couldn't make it less fun.

Visited July 2013