“Great coffee and pastry”
Review of Panini Bakery

Panini Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Newport
Description: The best bakery on the coast…period!
Description: The best bakery on the coast…period!
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We usually stop at the Panini Bakery whenever we're in Newport--except Mondays when the bakery is closed. Our most recent time in Newport was no exception. My wife and I shared a large and tasty mixed berry scone and an ample cup of coffee. While she checked out the Nye Beach shops, I enjoyed a second cup of coffee while I read a novel. It was a great morning for both of us.

1  Thank ArtFromPhilomath

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Fresh baked breads are good, and the pizza by the (large) slice is possibly the best in town. Good for lunch - take the pizza down the street for a nice ocean view while you munch.

1  Thank CaptDaveBA
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped at Panini Bakery just five minutes after they opened and bought a blueberry/apple scone and raspberry/creme danish--both still warm from the oven. We look forward to getting a pastry here whenever in Newport. Service was very friendly too!

1  Thank LJK1966
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Panini is a good bakery. Yes the place is small, but a lot of the businesses in Nye Beach are. I do like their pizza. They are creative with the toppings and sauces. Most of their bakery goods are tasty. I tried one of their cinnamon rolls and did not care for it. It was dried out(I suspect it was left over from the day before) and had very little cinnamon in it and no icing on it. It was very bland. The reason I can't give Panini a better rating is because of their customer service. Some of the people working the counter are friendly and some of them are not. Some of them are very crabby and short on patience. They are not customer service oriented, they never have been and they probably never will be. I asked when they make croissants(it's one of my favorite things) I was told that there is no schedule, the bakers make what they want. That's all fine and good, but that doesn't let me know when I can come in and get a croissant. I go to La Maison now if I want a croissant. Panini is worth trying, but you have been warned.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you want to have coffee, pastry, pizza and great bread with the locals of Nye Beach then this is the place for you. Sure it's small but you can sit at the counter or outside and get a "real" experience. The staff is friendly but occasionally a bit overwhelmed so be patient. It's a popular spot and that's the price you pay. The pastry is excellent and very creative and they have the best bread pudding I've ever tasted. I love the pizza and don't know what the other reviewer was talking about, my favorite is eggplant and ricotta cheese and if it's not right out of the oven they'll heat it up for you. No complaints here. I love this place, it feels like home.