“What a gem!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“What a gem!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Tripadvisor reviewers are the best - we booked this hotel during a road trip down the PCH, for a quick 1 night stay along the way. We were looking for somewhere high quality but local and individual, and this place totally nailed it. We booked by phone, and the woman who took our reservation was absolutely lovely. Polite and helpful and gave us some great restaurant tips to boot. Upon arrival, the hotel exceeded our expectations, an absolutely wonderful staff, well maintained property, large, comfortable room and the location can't be beat. Scones and coffee in the morning were an added bonus, but the location was the star! Heading down the stairs to the beach to watch the sunset was perfection. If we return to the area, we will be sure to be back at the Inn at Nye beach!

Room Tip: Because we were only there for one night, we stayed in room 40, which is in a separate building from...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingTomato8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Inn was well located, but I expected to be right on the beach instead of on a bluff overlooking it. Not a problem as the wind was pretty stiff and we were protected a bit higher up. Lovely room, friendly personnel. I would choose this spot again . My only concern is that, once again, families with small children need to be aware that their little ones can be heard by others on floors below them. The Inn compensated me a bit for the inconvenience caused by a careless family.

Room Tip: Stay on a top floor. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take a kid free trip to Newport to relax a bit and decided to stay here for the first time. The whole place is nicely updated and decorated. When you check in they give you fresh coffee grounds to use in a French press in your room. We didn't end up using it because we had no idea how! The room was by far the cleanest hotel room I have ever seen. Amazing view of the ocean and you can even see the lighthouse to the right. Nice fixtures in the bathroom, super soft towels and robes for your stay. The locations is great. Luckily the weather wasn't bad, so we were able to walk to nearby restaurants and shops. I do have two slight complaints. The first is we requested early check in and we were told someone would call when the room was ready..no one ever called. The second complaint is the noise from the floor above. The other guests were not being rowdy at all but the floor is just creaky. I would suggest requesting a room on the top floor.

• Stayed March 2014
Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband is always a little nervous when I book a boutique hotel that isn't within a chain he recognizes. He was quick to praise this choice, however. What a nice surprise to find a lovely gas gireplace in our sitting area, as well as a balcony with our own visiting sea gull. The beach view, including a lighthouse, was fantastic. My daughter got her 4-mile morning run in on the beach just by walking down the back stairs. Fantastic! The under-hotel parking is tight -- we parked there upon arrival but after venturing out for supper, opted for on-street parking which was available right in front of the hotel. Clean, spacious room in an excellent location. The girl at the desk was very helpful with directions to finding a beach with a possibility of finding agates, and also with finding a family-friendly dinner option. 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with three teenagers while en route to San Francisco. Booked a two bedroom suite and queen room. Both overlooked the ocean with fireplaces. Easy check in, gorgeous rooms and views, nothing lacking at all. Highly recommend. If I had to be picky.....the ONLY thing I would ask for would be towels that weren't scratchy! But that's really all I can think of

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank cbroo4
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Really nice hotel, very clean rooms and friendly staff. We had fog so we couldn't enjoy the beach much, but still very glad we stayed here. There are other businesses nearby, including coffee, so this is a nice area of town to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I booked the 2BR suite at the Inn at Nye Beach for my parents and aunt and uncle. My parents traveled from Singapore and my aunt and uncle from Australia and they had never been to the coast before. I knew they would be comfortable but I was more than pleasantly pleased when they raved about the hotel and about the room and amenities. They loved the ocean view and the tea/coffee/wine treats. I will definitely be staying at the Inn in the future and I know that when they come back to visit, they will insist on staying there too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family