“Great location / Modern / Great sustainability practices”
Review of Inn at Nye Beach

Inn at Nye Beach
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Newport
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Made a random booking heading up the coast as we estimated where we would get to for dinner time....and scored. Couldn't have been happier with the location right next to village area of Nye beach. Dog friendly was perfect too. They have designed and operate with a high level of sustainable practices which we really appreciate seeing too. rooms are nice, modern feeling with all the amenities you need (good beds).

My only complaint...surf as pretty small so didn't go out to play before we had to move on down the road.

Knowing this gem is there it will be part of our regular coastal pit stops like Pacific City and Port Orford!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mdtsports
There are newer reviews for Inn at Nye Beach

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent room!! Clean well laid out! Secure underground parking, and tho one review said they doubted you could get a SUV in there, I manged to easily park a full sized long box dodge 3500 quad cab no sweat. Matt offered to guide me in ! Not needed but thanks! Truck has a 3 inch lift on 35's , I think your SUV will make it! Front desk Jenna was helpful, and the salt water taffy is to die for!! ( wife's opinion!! ) wonderful view! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Because my co-traveler has a small dog, we were only allowed a choice of four ground floor units. We choose #11, a nice one bedroom suite with two queen beds. The unit was comfortable and very clean.
The website pictures are somewhat misleading for this room. While the ocean view is nice it is more obstructed by the condos next door than advertised. Better views are on upper floors. Overall our unit was quiet except when other guests constantly let the lower level parking lot access door slam shut which is located directly below the bedroom. I would definitely return to the Inn because of it close proximity to Nye Beach, the restaurants and shops, and the very friendly, professional staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JC F
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, and the view is gorgeous. Rooms are clean and quiet, and very comfortable, would definitely stay here again. My kids and husband loved it, as well. Just a short walk from cute shops

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Beautiful room right on the beach. Definitely going back. Parking is difficult for larger vehicle but there is street parking too. Staff was pleasant. Great location to walk to stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

From getting the reservation to checking out we had very good service. They answered all my phone calls and changes to the reservation promptly and curteously. We stayed on the Ocean side of the Condos. The view of the ocean was wonderfull and I enjoyed hearing the ocean waves at night. It was very relaxing, I felt right at home. I hope I can come back some day.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
NyeBeachManager, Manager at Inn at Nye Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Charlene,

I'm pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us. Our condos are a great choice for guests looking for a home away from home with all of the features to make your stay relaxing. From the fully equipped kitchens to the full balconies and breathtaking views, what more could you ask for?! We can't wait to see you next time you visit Newport.

Stephen Davis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Inn is right at the beach but there is a very long stairway that leads you down. We picked room 36 on the third floor as there were also north facing windows. Unfortunately they were all fogged over so there was no view there. The balcony is only around 18 inches wide so you can't sit outside, but it's generally windy there anyway, so we understand that. This room had just a different feel to it. I really can't explain it. Yes, it is clean and remodeled but it does not have a light beachy feel. The woodwork and furniture is dark wood and there are recessed fluorescent lights running along the ceiling on one side. When you first walk in you just don't get the light beach feel but more of a modern city feel. We couldn't get all the channels to work on the TV and there was no DVD player that we could find on either that TV or the one in the bedroom.

There is the most fantastic bed in the whole world in this unit which gave us two nights incredible sleep. The shower head is wonderful and the sink faucet is like a cute little waterpump. The upper view is gorgeous and the staff is the best thing about this place. Matt was charming and the girl that I talked to later about my desire to change my credit card number was accommodating and very friendly. The fireplace was also great!

The underground parking is great, but I don't think it could accommodate a full size SUV. Please be aware there is no stove and just a small fridge in this unit. There is no mirror in the bedroom and there are three high windows in the bedroom with no coverings so be aware that you will be awakened by the sun early.

This Inn details the way they are "green" in the hotel book. It includes the fact that the toilets are low flush and the lights automatically turn off when you take your room card out of the slot and the lighting is a little different and there are no hot water heaters but instead seven on-demand units in the building that heat your water as it is used. This is of no interest to me personally but it was an issue when I did a very small load of dishes in the sink and the water suddenly went cold and then at the start of a third short shower (there were three of us that stayed here) the water took some time to heat up. If I want that system at home I will install it but when on vacation I kind of want a little more comfort, but that's just my opinion.

So I think some of these items are my own personal opinion and I would not let that stop you from staying here. Just in my opinion it can no way even come close to the Inn at the Shore where we stayed in Seaside (see my other review).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Laura R

Dear Laura,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. We want every guest to leave our hotel with a feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment that all of their needs were met or exceeded. You outlined some critical points in your review that we need to correct immediately. It's very disappointing to me that I feel your stay had the potential to be truly pleasing, but we fell short and I am truly sorry.

We understand that our decor may not be to everyone's liking. We feel that our modern boutique atmosphere is one thing that helps set us apart from other area hotels and creates an experience unique to Newport. Over the past few months we have been making many changes in the rooms in an effort to mold them into an inviting space where our guests can feel comfortable with luxuries unmatched. We see there are still areas for improvement and the feedback of our guests is the best way for us to see what is working and what needs to be changed. We do hope that you give us the opportunity in the future to see what so many have come to like about the Inn at Nye Beach.

Stephen Davis