“SPECTACULAR!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lightkeeper's Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
The Lightkeeper's Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Newport B&B and Inns
“SPECTACULAR!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hospitality here is fantastic! I've never been treated so well ever in a B and B. my husband and I had an amazing room and view, bed was great . The trip here is well worth having the seafood omelet for breakfast and the homemade cookies and wine given at night. Highly recommend this place !!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We headed out of town for the weekend not knowing where the road would take us.. We just needed to get away from the city. Headed to Newport for the view and ended up staying at the Lightkeeper's Inn. The home was beautiful with so much detail. The view from our room, breakfast and the entire home was breathtaking, so relaxing and yes so 'incomparable' I couldn't find a way to explain it but the word shows how we feel..We will be back soon! very soon!.. Thank you so much Bill & Cheryl for your amazing hospitality..

Room Tip: Every Room is just beatiful
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wow!! This is one simple word to explain the absolutely wonderful time my wife and I had at this B&B. I took time to do my research on B&B's in the Newport area. We were planning on attending the annual Seafood and Wine Festival. This place consistently ranked in the top three on all the travel sites I reviewed. I now understand why!

From the first moment we arrived, Cheryl was extremely accomadating. It was like arriving at the home of a relative you haven't seen in some time. We instantly felt like we were at a special place. She had hor dovours (sp?) and wine waiting for us after our long travel from Eugene. She gave us a brief tour of the place and oriented us to our rooms. The rooms were very well adorned and had that personal touch that makes staying at a B&B special. They had everything you could imaging; private fireplaces, extra blankets, binoculars, etc. There was also a supply of coffee (keurig machine), tea, snacks, bottled water, and soda. Breakfast every morning were superb; not just simple eggs and toast. The first morning was Texas french toast with bacon and eggs. The second morning was a seafood eggs benedict which was amazing. I must not forget to mention the the homemade brownies in the evening, the early morning scones with coffee, and the homemade cinnamon rolls to go.

Oh, and the views; they were awesome. The view of the bay was just breathtaking. My wife and I would just sit and watch the boats, people, and the birds. I caught the sunrise one morning coming over the bay as I drank my coffee and "read" the news on my iPad (yes, they have wifi).

I can't forget to mention the wonderful hosts Bill and Cheryl are. They have a wonderful ability to relate and talk for as long as you wish. They are a wonderful family and a blessing to those they come into contact with.

I am sure most of you reading this would ask, was there anything to improve upon? Well...perhaps. The only thing to mention would be the "sleep quality." This is not to say that the bed/rooms weren't comfortable because they were! This home sits above the bay front and just up from a very popular night club. We could hear them having a good time and the music until the early morining. My wife and I completely understood that this was the MOST popular weekend of the year (the annual Wine & Seafood Festival) and people were there to have a good time. Bill & Cheryl both asked us multiple times if this was an issue. It was not for my wife and I and did not distract from our experience. Both Bill & Cheryl appear to be very diligent in trying to keep the noise to acceptable levels thorughout thier community.

In closing...this place is a gem. My wife and I will hopefully be able to once more be blessed by the complany of both Bill and Cheryl. They have a wonderful B&B in everyway and are wonderful hosts to boot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the Lightkeeper's Inn on Valentine's Day on a road trip up the coasts of California and Oregon, and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Cheryl is a great host, very welcoming, and her home is beautiful and cozy. She remembered that it was our anniversary, as well as it being Valentine's Day, and we returned to our room after dinner to find two delectable miniature heart-shaped cakes, chocolate covered strawberries, and rose petals on the bed. The breakfast the next morning (seafood benedict) was to DIE for. The room and bathroom were so clean I could have licked the floor. I can't say enough good things about this place. Thank you Cheryl and Bill!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaliforniaWrights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I picked the Lightkeeper's for our first bed and breakfast experience. Hosts Bill and Cheryl did not disappoint! We were immediately greeted by the very cheery Cheryl and given a tour of the house. After settling in, we were treated to wine, freshly baked brownies and nice conversation. Cheryl continued to provide above and beyond service with her phenomenal breakfasts and afternoon snacks (and to-go bag of treats). The room provided a very comfortable and quiet haven after exploring the Historic Bayfront and the cool seawaters of Nye Beach. The Inn has a great location, which makes walking to the Bayfront easy and accessible. Cheryl was ready to recommend restaurants and activities depending on what our ideas were for our weekend. She is knowledgable about the area and eager to cater to her guests interests. When she says she opens her house to her guests, she means it! The suite's amenities were just a few perks of the service provided. My boyfriend and I cannot say enough great things about this wonderful experience! ~ Christine & Chip

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine P
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I always want an ocean view, but I found that the spectacular view of the harbor and bridge was much more interesting than just looking at water! It was fun to watch the fishing boats going in and out.
Cheryl and Bill were wonderful hosts and very helpful in finding good restaurants. Cheryl is a gourmet cook, and you will not be disappointed in her sumptuous breakfasts. Also we enjoyed wine and appetizers with them most nights. (Also delicious)

Cheryl told us to make ourselves at home, but we enjoyed the view from our own room so much that we spent a lot of time there reading and enjoying the view. Also on rainy afternoons we watched movies on our DVD player.

For my birthday Cheryl would have made a cake, but since we are not cake eaters she made a trio of cheesecakes instead. Yum! She also slipped in a treat our last night (peanut butter and jelly brownies).

We highly recommend The Lightkeeper's Inn!

Linda and Gary

Room Tip: Both rooms have fabulous views!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindaMG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at Lightkeeper's inn for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The house is in a quiet but central location and the view is quite picturesque. Our room, the Lightkeeper's, was very cozy, clean, relaxing, and well decorated. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The view from the room was fantastic and it had access to a balcony that overlooks the bay.

In addition to the beauty and relaxing feel of the room and house, the hospitality of the hosts, Cheryl and Bill, is superb. When I made the reservation I had mentioned to Cheryl that it was my girlfriend's and I Christmas present to each other and she went above and beyond to create a Christmas feel for us. She had a Christmas tree in our bedroom, baked delicious cookies, and had all kinds of Christmas decorations out. She also fixed delicious salmon and crab dips and had a complementary bottle of wine waiting for us upon arrival. As for the breakfast, there aren't enough superlatives to describe them, simply blissfully. Both Bill and Cheryl made us feel at home and were very attentive to our needs and comfort.

The beautiful home, picturesque view, and outstanding service and hospitality make this a great choice for a relaxing getaway at the coast. I will definitely recommend this B&B and will be coming back here in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012