“Swedish pancakes with lingonberries!”
Review of Pig'n'Pancake

Pig'n'Pancake
Ranked #21 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Vancouver, WA
“Swedish pancakes with lingonberries!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It is always fun to eat at the Pig'n'Pancakes on the Oregon Coast mostly because it is one of the few places I know that serves something approaching Swedish pancakes -- those buttery, eggy delights which can be topped with ligonberries and/or sugar and rolled up into tasty goodness. To be truthful, I am not Swedish -- but our neighbors when I was growing up, were -- and they often took pity on me, the poor Italian kid next door, and included me in the Sunday night pancake suppers. I would have converted if I could have! Pig'n'Pancake's version is not quite as eggy nor as buttery as Mrs. Adolphson's, but close enough! They actually ask you if you want them "soft," "medium" or "crispy" (I guess it depends on which part of Sweden you are from!) and whether you want the ligonberries on top or on the side. But what is a wonder to me is that they have them on the menu at all.

Visited September 2012

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place was the last stop before picking up our fish at Newport Tradewinds fishing charters and driving home. They were prompt and the food quality and value were great. Huge portions so beware if you are a light eater.

Visited September 2012
“Ok, I guess”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The staff was friendly. The food was mediocre, at best. I left disappointed. My kids liked the food (they ordered breakfast for lunch). You get what you pay for.

Caldwell, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“they suck”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

maybe if you eat in the restaurant. but don't get cinnamin rolls to go. we were expecting hot and fresh and got cold and probably day old. bought 4 for 8 people and 3 were thrown in the trash.

1 Thank marie82812
Bellevue, WA
“Wonderful breakfast!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had a wonderful breakfast here while traveling through town. The eggs benedict with Dungeness Crab cannot be beat! Large portion of crab; oh, so tasty! Our waitress was very personable, asking about us; and always making sure we were taken care of. Restaurant was immaculately clean; prices and portions were very reasonable. Quite a variety of breakfast items to choose from. Hoping this restaurant fares well throughout the quiet winters. Will gladly eat here again when we are in Newport.