“outstanding!!”

Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This was previously known as "Gino's Fish Market."
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We are locals and know the places to eat and not to eat in Newport, Gino's is in the top 3 of our favorite choices!! Excellent, fresh seafood, great friendly service, they offer something for everyone from great fish and chips to grilled fish with brown rice, for those looking to be a little bit healthier. Can not say enough good things about this place!!

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Specializes in wild caught seafood. Reasonable prices, great food and friendly staff. the coleslaw is not the usual mayo recipie and is great.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

I had one of the best pieces of halibut there. Beautifully grilled, with a really great cole slaw with maybe a balsamic dressing.....not gooey mayo. Brown rice....some of the best I've ever had. Clean, clean, clean. Great wait staff. We went in July and were going to go back the next day but they had a major plumbing break and had to be closed. I'm so glad to hear they're back in business. Don't hesitate to go here, you will not be disappoiinted!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2010

OceanBleu@Gino’s Fish Market
808 SW Bay St
Great place for wild caught sustainable seafood
Both fish market and restaurant
Nice looking crabs and salmon
Really fresh rockfish sandwich; they use zero trans-fat canola oil
Nice house salad with shrimp
Hardworking food staff
Also, have veggie burgers and cheese sandwiches
Have outdoor eating area
Wine and beer

Reviewed August 1, 2010

My wife and I were heading down to our hotel in Yachats when we realized we were really hungry and that it was getting late. After scouting out several of the MANY eateries along the waterfront, we essentially flipped a coin and chose Ocean Bleu--and were we ever glad we did! We learned that Gino's was something of an institution in Newport that had been closed for a while and had been re-opened merely nine days before we arrived.

First of all, the proprietors (two young couples) could not have been more pleasant--especially at 6:30, only a half hour before their scheduled closing. I was impressed by the fact that after we came in, several other people did as well--even well after 7:00--and the proprietors welcomed them with the same great bonhomie.

The service was excellent--I would have expected (and understood) a lot less, after a long day.

I've saved the best for last: the food is sensational. We're big clam chowder fans, and have had a lot of it--both on the East and West coasts--from high-end, big city restaurants to (MUCH more frequently) little joints well off the beaten track. This chowder was absolutely off-the-hook superb. I also had outstanding fish tacos and "shooter" clams which I loved. All of the fish was locally caught, which was clearly evident--just SO fresh.

Ocean Blue was a truly memorable experience for us. We wish the new owners all the luck on the world--and if you're ever in the neighborhood, give them a try. You'll love it!