“Liked the atmosphere and dog friendliness more than the food”

Ocean Bleu at Gino's Fish Market and Cafe
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This was previously known as "Gino's Fish Market."
Corvallis, Oregon
“Liked the atmosphere and dog friendliness more than the food”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I had the clam chowder and calamari...the chowder was good, not the best ive had by any means, a little too frothy and milky for my taste but enough clams. The calamari was one of the weakest ive had...salty and chewy...not the way i like it...service was ok...id come back for something different especially if i have my dog...dog biscuit and water for him!

“Probably wont come go back!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We never got our waters, but that's not a big deal, I did have to ask for them from the host as our waiter wasn't around. We received our food and never got silverware or napkins. I had to go to the front counter where 4 workers were chatting and ask for silverware and napkins. 1 of the 4 was my waiter. The host did come and check on us but where was our waiter? Your guess is as good as mine! I am highly dissatisfied with the service, for what I am paying for the tiny amount of food I got the service should have been exceptional. It wasn't even mediocre.

• Visited July 2014
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

You don't want to miss this treat. Popcorn shrimp and clam chowder was amazing! Deffinutly stop by. We will be making this a regular stop from now on.

Tacoma, Washington
“Salmon fish and chips a must!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stopped here because they had a tripadvisor award in the window. We were not disappointed. I had the salmon fish and chips and it was the best salmon I have had in a long time.

• Visited July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Owners made our visit great”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were on the Oregon coast for a family reunion that included 40 people, many who were children. The owners of the restaurant arranged for us to use their back room for a family dinner. Service was very good and the food was great. The fish tacos were especially nice, as was the salmon fish & chips. Would definitely go back if we are in the area again.

• Visited June 2014