“The bays sharis of seafod”

Ocean Bleu at Gino's Fish Market and Cafe
Ranked #8 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This was previously known as "Gino's Fish Market."
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Don't go here its like a cafeteria for seafood!!! I'm not sure as to why there are even good reviews for this place at all maybe they changed management but I'm pretty sure by how the food was presented it has always been lackluster avoid this place unless looking for sharis style seafood served at higher end prices!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is "the place" on the bay front now that Mo's has passed its peak. The new owners are working hard to keep the Gino's tradition, while at the same time adding some nice, new touches. Great for lunch. On the working waterfront. They justifiably pride themselves on local, fresh seafood.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Ocean Bleu provides good seafood in a down to earth setting along Newport's bay front street. There was a good selection of entrees to choose from and the service was fast and friendly. I really enjoyed the oysters. It seems to have found the right balance between trendy and traditional.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had lunch here on the recommendation of a few locals. As we walked up to the place I mentioned to my husband that by the touristy look to it I would notnhave guessed this to be one of the best places to eat in the historical front street. We were pleasantly surprised the minute we walked it. Loved seeing fresh catches for sale in their market case and appreciated the friendly greeting from staff right away and were immediately provided a table. Have to say the decor grew on us with chains and anchors attaching pretty glass lighting to the ceiling and more of such decor.

We had th3 halibut fish and chips, passionfruit tea, and a cherry bomb. I later saw they offered a split of champagne a bit too late, darn it. The fish and chips were fresh, hot, and delicious with casual but excellent service. No doubt we will dine here again on our next visit to this great fishing town.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I only tried two meals there. Rock fish and chips and Tuna fish and chips... The rock fish was WONDERFUL, simply yummy, I could eat such a meal every day. But the tuna wasn't good, it was really dry, blend, boring and I would not order it anymore. The restaurant is small and kind of cute but it is not my cup of tea. Prices are not too bad. There were meals on the menu that I still wish to try.