“Should have read the reviews before we went...”

Brewer's on the Bay
Ranked #51 of 111 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nestled inside the Rogue Ales Brewery, this two story brewpub offers a panoramic view of Yaquina Bay and the marina. You can enjoy the full line of Rogue brews, brewery tours, and 40 taps. Sunday-Thursday:11am to 9pmFriday and Saturday: 11am to 10pm
Cleveland, Ohio
“Should have read the reviews before we went...”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Googled the menu before we went and decided that we would give Rogue a try. There was a wait so they asked if we wanted to sit in the bar. It was just my wife and I so we agreed. Great! We got seated right away. What we didn't know was that the menu was nothing compared to the menu we saw online. I asked about the fondue and the guy said woah... You haven't been here in a while. No, actually never. The same frequency in which I will probably return. The beers were good but I wouldn't plan on stopping by in hopes for dinner. I ordered a beer sampler and it was good. Ordered my wife a martini with their spirits in it but that never arrived. When I caught the server again, I asked for two glasses of water. He responded with "I have water right down at the end of the bar". That's good. I thought you were the server here. I only say that because of the way he said it to us. The tone was used as it was clearly not his job to get a glass of water for us. He did the same for the table next to us. Food was very slow to come out and overall not a great experience. To many places to eat in Newport to give it another shot.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BigMess99

Anacortes Washington
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Indifferent service, small portion of crab on featured crab entree, 50 cents additional charge for Kobe beef burger? Not worth the walk in, let alone the price. There are many other places to get a cold beer. Try any of them before this one.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MaryVacationer25
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Excellent selection of ales and good food.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a brew pub at its best. You walk through the brewery to reach the pub and are greeted with a shot of ale. How could it get better. I like hoppy ales and had two plus the very hoppy, yet very blonde, single malt ale. My side was a smoked salmon Caesar salad. The perfect lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Redding, California
“fun!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had mixed family reviews on the food, the service was great, great atmosphere, good beer, good chili and chicken strips.crab cakes just okay and a little pricey for what you get.

Visited July 2013
Oregon/Washington
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been here numerous times and always enjoy it. The only downside for us is that it gets very busy and so there is a bit of a wait at times. Other than that, this place is great! They bring you samples of the beer to try, which are always good. Our meals have always been good, but we know we are at a pub and so not expecting gourmet type of meals. There is a play area for kids, and quite a few tables along the window. The main floor has a store where you can buy anything and everything Rogue.

This is a great casual place for good food and beer, and with a great atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013