“This place is exactly what its supposed to be.”

Brewer's on the Bay
Ranked #43 of 116 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our two-story brewpub inside Rogue World Headquarters looks out over Yaquina Bay and the Marina in Newport, Ore. as well as the brewery where Brewmaster John Maier crafts Rogue ales & lagers, the same ones poured from 40 taps, including pub-only limited brews. They pair well with any of the dishes on our full menu. Tours offered daily include Rogue Spirits Distillery, Rogue Rolling Thunder Cooperage and Rogue House of Spirits. Brewery Tour Hours: Monday - Thursday, 3PM; Friday - Sunday, 1PM, 3PM & 5PM
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

It is a fun atmosphere on the oregon coast. I found the service to be pretty good considering it has been packed both times that I have been there. A good mix of seafood and brewpub food. I found that the food was pretty good as far as brewpubs go, with a little more of a family atmosphere. Overall experience no complaints. But if your in here expecting some groundbreaking cuisine experience you picked the wrong place. This place is what it is and I would gladly go back again. Make sure you take home a growler of dead guy it has always been one of my favs.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I will go again for the beer, always a pleasure to the lips, however the clam chowder was not fresh, potatoes mush, not many clams & a disappointing taste..

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is my third visit to the Rogue Brewery in Newport. I prefer the lounge/bar to the restaurant, but only the restaurant side was available when we visited, and I'm glad we sat there because our server, Sam, was excellent. I am always impressed with the selection of beers that Rogue has to offer. My favourite is the Double Chocolate, and I was happy to be able to purchase a few bottles on site. The taster trays are well worth the money, and our server was very helpful in selecting beer based on our preferences. For food, I had the beer and cheese soup. It was delicious, not too salty like they can be. The meat and cheese platter was less impressive. I can't remember what my husband had, but he liked it :) In three visits I have always found the staff helpful and friendly, whether ordering beer or purchasing a t-shirt. I think it's well worth the visit if you're a beer lover.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a great place to come with friends and just hang out having a good time. It's not frilly but it has a lot of 'cool'. The foods not bad and you can sample the various beers to find what you like best.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I used to enjoy this pub but its gone downhill as has the whole Rogue Nation thing. Back in the day this was the place for microbrews but with so many breweries coming online in Oregon, Rogue is getting their clock cleaned. Really, my Dead Guy pint was cheaper in my hotel bar than their own pub. And $16 to fill my own growler!!! That's an Oregon record. Not a chance and I'm offended by the greed. Food so so. Skip the downtown pub and make a stop across the bay at the brewery. It's worth the stroll through the active brewery to the upstairs little bar. At least once. And Rogue Guys, you should take notice because my opinion is validated by my beer friends. And you should fire the waitress in your Portland pub who served my beer in a hot pint glass and after I complained went and poured it in another glass and brought it back. That exemplifies the current Rogue Nation.

2  Thank backpackluxury