“Fish here, Get your fish here!!!”

Captain’s Reel Deep Sea Fishing
Ranked #3 of 9 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain's Reel Charters provides individual and group trips for deep sea fishing, ocean/bay crabbing, and whale watching. Each season of the year offers unique charters & attractions. Ocean excursions can be close to shore for rock fishing or ocean crabbing. We travel into deep water for Halibut, and troll for Salmon. Our charters can extend up to 100 miles off shore fishing for Albacore Tuna.
Portland, Oregon
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fish here, Get your fish here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked our trip the day before and the owner who signed us up was hilarious. She is very friendly and knowledgeable. For $65/person plus fishing license, we booked a 5 hour bottom fish trip. The boats are in good shape and the crew is great. There were 14 people on our boat and I think everyone limited out with Rock Fish and Ling Cod. My forearms are still sore from reeling in so much fish. The 2 deck hands and captain were literally running around trying to keep up with all the fish that had to be netted. They were extremely friendly and accommodating to everyone on board. You also have the option to pay $1/fish to have them fillet the fish and bag it for you. This can take some time to work through everyone's fish but is well worth the wait. A fantastic experience that I will definitely repeat again.

Visited February 2013

Beaverton, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tuna fishing on the "Captain Hook"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

A couple of years back my two buddies and I had planned a trip to the coast to do a lot of fishing, 3 days of fishing for Halibut, ling cod, bottom fish and Tuna, the first two days were at another charters company, but on the second day they said they had to cancel the Tuna Trip, this was rather upsetting since that's the trip we really wanted to go on, so we walked down the street to Reel charters, and explained that there was only 3 of us and we really wanted to get in a tuna trip, since that's the only trip none of us had ever done. A call was made to Captain Jerry and they decided to take just the three of us out the next day on the "Captain Hook. We showed up, and set out, Captain Jerry and Chip (who I suspect wasn't the normal deckhand), me and my 2 buddies. We slept a lot of the way out, but then we got into the tuna, and it was pretty much the single best day of fishing I'd ever had, 79 tuna 80 if you count the one that got off the gaff, we ate Tuna for the next year, life has conspired against us going tuna fishing again, but when we do it again were going with Captain Jerry, and Captains Reel Charters.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Aaron H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ruined vacation!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I booked the trip 4 weeks in advance and my daughter and I made a 6 hours trip to go charter fishing/ crabbing. I left a message the day before we came and then showed up "30 min before the trip" there was nobody there. We waited and nobody showed up or had the courtesy to let us know there was no trip. We were too late to charter with another company and had to leave the next day. So unprofessional and left very upset.

4 Thank Blueyesbt
Camp Verde, Arizona
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Superb outfit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

As grandparents we went out with two grandchildren (ages 7 and 10) and their parents for a day of fishing and crabbing. From the original contact with the office, through the trip with wonderful guys on the boat and ending with the fish cleaning and crab cooking it was nothing but a GREAT experience. Would definitely go again and recommend them to anyone. Thanks guys for the experience.

Visited October 2012
Reno, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Boat and Great Crew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

First - dropped by the day before we went out to make sure we knew where to go, park, and to find out how fishing was... Barb was a kick - and so much fun to talk too. Went out with Captain Doug and Deckhand Mike - with about 11-12 folks total on the boat for rock fish. 7 crab pots dropped on the way out. Weather was overcast and about 2' swells. Captian Doug had us on
fish by the second stop. Mike the deckhand dropped the line for my buddy Marilyn twice on this trip and before she even got her hand on the rod there was a fish on... (Doug said Mike tends to drop the line into the fishes mouth - I think I believe him!!) There were 6+ lings and lots of rock fish. On the way back we pulled the pots... (not easy for a 59 year old woman, and a 68 year old woman - and we couldn't have done it without the help of one of the other lady on board who was a SUPERWOMAN!!) - but we got them all pulled and all limited on crab - along with Mike!! Great day - nice folks - and the gentleman that took care of the fish and the crab was also a real sweety!! Great day all in all!!

Visited September 2012