“I appreciate the effort!”

Rodeway Inn Newport
Eugene, Oregon
“I appreciate the effort!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a one night quickie trip to the coast and, being the frugal traveler, I looked for the most bang for my buck. I found the Roadway for $82 per night including tax. With good reviews, a great price, I booked it!

The room was typical for a motel but they did include a nice flat screen TV, Keurig coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave. Granite counter tops too!

There were some signs of age in the walls and tub but it was clean and overall satisfactory.

The bed was too hard for our taste but that's probably personal preference.

Nice service checking in, complimentary mini breakfast, and a decent nights sleep.

Worthwhile value.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank itslisaj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Surprised by the ammenities for the price. We stayed in room 115, full size fridge, stove with oven, kitchen sink with granite counter tops, Keurig coffee maker and a nice flat screen tv. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and owner was friendly. The water pressure was a bit low, but overall, we are glad we stayed.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank townzer
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The most recent poster reflects the gist of my review. I have also travelled widely, and I've stayed in places both magnificent and horrible. The Rodeway Inn was admittedly a choice based on budget--I am in the midst of a solo road trip and have to watch my spending a bit. I assumed it would be fairly cut rate, but all I really cared about was getting some sleep. I have to say that I was really surprised. My room, room 153, was comfortable and well appointed. The mirrors sparkled, the bed was meticulously made, the floors were spotless and the towels were bright and clean. I got a warm welcome when I checked in, and the proprietor repeated the Internet password as I walked out the door, which was really very helpful. The microwave was also helpful in the morning for making oatmeal, and the fridge kept my Tillamook cheese cold! As for the comfort of the room, it was very nice. The giant flat screen telly made it easy for me to sit in bed and catch up on the news, whilst the bed was so incredibly comfortable, I slept soundly, despite some late night traffic and very strong winds. This was important, because I'm one of those people who generally can't sleep in new or strange places. It usually takes a night or two to adjust. So thanks a lot, Rodeway. It was quite pleasant. I'll stay again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room in the rear annex. It won't face the busy 101.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lazuliangel
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 15, 2013

As a constant business traveler, I have stayed at many motels in different places. This is the nicest Rodeway Inn I have stayed in and here's why:

1. Rooms with big alcove for luggage, fridge, microwave, plus a big vanity mirror with bright lighting.

2. Amazing internet and a 32-37 inch flat screen TV.

3. Lee, the guy that runs the place genuinely wants to save his patrons money. Call him direct and he will work with you to give you a good deal.

Anything negative I could surmise is this; if your looking for a wonderfully catered breakfast menu complete with eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles etc. remind yourself that you are staying at a budget motel. You might want to spend 10-20 dollars more for a hotel that accomplishes this goal. Otherwise, you will appreciate the fact fact that you can grab something on the go to your work or travel destination.

Room Tip: I like the back corner area. Keep in mind that most of the rooms are on a ground level plan (meaning...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank unka88
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2013

About the best part of this place was the bathroom...if you could get past the sow bugs and pieces of gravel on the floor. Though it was a fairly clean room, getting any rest was impossible. Hearing a headboard banging against the wall with the accompanying noises was pretty nasty. Being woken up by loud banging on the door of another room and hearing "Open up, it's the cops", before sunrise was rather disconcerting. The door to our room was on the backside of the place, on a very dark street. While there was another door facing the parking area, we were told there was no key for it. Newport, OR has the worst motels ever.....

Room Tip: Find another place to stay. While saving a few dollars is great, spend more and get a decent place t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rosemary C
Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Glad to find a decent priced place on the coast road that wasn't a dump. .. Room towards back was clean, comfortable and quiet, (remember, yer on US 101) . .. Bed was ok and bigger TV too as I remember. .. Conti breakfast good. .. Seniors rate was VERY welcome also :) .. Check it out first if in doubt. Think most would be happy :)

Room Tip: Back rooms quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank rvwaterbug
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm a frequent Choice Hotel traveler and this Rodeway is as good as it gets. Very clean and very friendly plus comfortable.... what more could you ask for 6000 points. TriciaR08 nailed it so I will not bore all with a repeat. All Rodeway Inns should be like this one (they are not!)

Room Tip: Very large suites with two and three queen beds are wonderful for families.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple