Rodeway Inn Newport
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
$90
$81
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
$109
La Quinta
$105
$141
  • Beachfront
$130
$107
Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$150
BestWestern.com
$157
$134
The Whaler(Newport)(Great Value!)
$103
$110
All reviewsbagelsroom was cleanchinese restaurant next doorkitchen roomsmall fanjuice and coffeefridge and microwavewould stay here againlarge bathroomnye beachnice stayroad tripleebedcoastlinenssink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The owner was wonderful. He let us check in as soon as we arrived even though it was early afternoon. He also noticed that we had been overcharged from our on-line booking company and fixed the extra charge. He couldn't have been more welcoming or friendly.

Our room had been recently remodeled and was clean and comfortable. There was a large vanity area with a separate tub/toilet. Our only complaint was that the continental breakfast area was small and only offered bagels or pastries, but that was a minor detail compared to the rest of our experience.

There is a grocery store across the street and several restaurants within walking distance. We felt that the hotel was a good value for the price.

Overall we thought

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all of the rooms have been remodeled.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Gasped at the odor when I entered. Smelled of pets and I don't even know if they are allowed. If I hadn't been exhausted, I would have gone on down the road.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HOPE_
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Room was clean, recently redone, and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We had 6 people, and the 3 queen room was fantastic. Also liked having a fridge in our room.

My only real complaint is that the heater in our room was small for the room size and it took a while for the room to get to a comfortable temperature. It is also important to note there is no a/c. If the hotel would put in the wall heater/air-conditioning units that most hotels have it would solve this problem.

The hotel isn't in a picturesque area, but it's a quick drive to the beach and other areas. The breakfast is pretty minimal, things like prepacked muffins, bagels, pastries, coffee, and juice. We drove and I knew this ahead of time so we brought hard boiled eggs and yogurt to compliment this.

I believe the owner was the one who checked us in and who we talked with, but not sure. Either way, he was extremely friendly and helpful. Pointing out local attractions, dining options, gave us a tide table, and some coupons!

The on-site restaurant is decent if you don't want to go far to eat, but nothing special.

I would stay here again. A really good value!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DahliaRW
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Good value for the money spent. Rooms was very clean and large. Ask for a quiet room as a lot of work crews were staying here, drinking and making a lot of noise outside their rooms but all was quite at night. They also have a Chinese Restaurant on the premises and we had some very good food from there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I chose this place after reading the reviews and they were all correct. This place is a hidden gem for budget travellers. I booked a room on the 2nd floor with a small kitchen and paid around US$50 per night. The price included a queen-sized bed, nice & clean bathroom with basic toiletries, kitchen with basic kitchenware, a fridge, wireless internet connection within the room, and more...

The hotel was easy to find and the staff were very nice and helpful. I dined at their on-site restaurant and the food was great. There was no traffic noise issue although it's sitting right on Hwy 101.

Great place and I would recommend this to everyone who's travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple