“a nice little surprise”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2010

We make a point of going out of our way to eat at La Maison if we are going to the coast. The menu is outstanding and the follow through in what we taste is excellent. We have not been dissappointed yet and leave with at least 2 loaves of bread. The only thing that ruined our last visit was the loud mouth sitting at the next table blaring his conversation so we could ALL here about him. Some people just dont get it. Use your inside voice and talk to the people that care (or not), the people at your table. I could not even read a book because the voice was so loud and obnoxious. Back to the great food, I love the croissants and the butter and the lovely dollop of jam. The coffee rocks. I cannot wait til the Crabfest Meal on saturday dec 18. I have reservations and plan on a seat-levetating meal. I will post after--

2  Thank travelinrabbit

Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I took our four young children here this morning. We tried the Pumkin Scone, a couple of Croissants, a cinnamon roll. All were among the best we have had. The lady working the counter and the gentleman that was cooking were both very friendly and helpful.We will be back.

1  Thank piiwackit
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I really want to give a great review, but our breakfast n experience yesterday morn was just ok. walking into this quaint little restaurant, we had high hopes. It is the cutest place n u can see the chef preparing and cooking meals.. I live that. The pastry case is filled w sumptuous looking desserts.

We were seated quickly, right after the waitress prepared a table for us, then promptly ignored. Not a problem, at first since there was only one waitress for all the approx ten tables. After a ten minute wait n seeing another couple still waiting (who was already seated when we came in) a second waitress showed up and seated a couple on the waiting room at a table right next to us. She offered then coffee n brought it out to them in short order. I called for get attention n told her we'd been sitting over ten minutes now w no service. She did not apologize, but brought us our coffee within a few minutes. The coffee was delicious, their own fresh ground organic blend n it was only $2 for a bottomless cup.

We ordered the artichoke, bacon eggs benedict, the most expensive meal on the menu at a whopping $11.50 each. Our benedicts were just ok. My english muffin wasn't.cooked as crisp as my friends, or bacon was very crisp n difficult to cut the the cheap streak knives given us (which I found striding since they have great silverware) and my eggs were cooked perfectly, but my friend's were runny. Not consistent.

The chef was soooo friendly, tho n our waitress ended up being sweet n served us ok in the end. Wish we'd had a better experience. I might try them again, but maybe not for breakfast? I want to give them another shot.

2  Thank HelloLori
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We ate here on 8/11/10 because the noodle cafe and safron salmon were closed.
The potato soup was made from left over scalloped potatoes and was curdled. The salad with it was made with browning lettuce with no garnish. When I mentioned this to the server she gave me a dirty look and made no comment.. Pastries were rather ordinary.

6  Thank Emma31236
Reviewed August 5, 2010

A little pricey, but the food is so good I would take out a loan just for breakfast!