“Not your average beach fare”
Review of La Maison

La Maison
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Corvallis, Oregon
“Not your average beach fare”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

La Maison primarily serves breakfast and lunch, and I've tried both. For lunch I had the roast pork sandwich -- luscious, not at all dry, roast pork with just the right accompaniments on a superior in-house baked ciabatta, with a tasty pasta salad alongside. Breakfast was even better. My friend and I each had omlettes. Mine, the "peasant," had grilled onions, tomatoes, whole nicoise olives, and cheese cuddled beneath a blanket of fluffy egg. My friend's -- the "Loire Valley" -- was served in a different style: the egg formed a kind of round platfom/shallow bowl for the artichokes and mushrooms, which were swimming in a rich artichoke sauce. Both omlettes were preceded by a ripe melon appetizer and were accompanied by huge house-made English muffins with butter and jam. Believe me, these bear no relationship to Thomas' s English muffins. Both the coffee and the service were fantastic, and the restaurant, despite its diminutive size, had a live musician on a Sunday morning. We must have chosen just the right time to go, because we had no wait. Finally, because the pastry case beckoned, we took a chocolate croissant to go. In a word: fabulous. I can't wait to go back to La Maison.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Anon5471

Newberg, Oregon
“Out of the way gem”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

French style breakfasts and great pastries. Very popular - come in and leave your name and they'll phone you when it's your turn. Sancastle toystore is right next door.

Visited July 2014
Pittsburg, California
“10 STARS”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

People lined u outside trying to get in. Amazing FOOD. Would go back in a flash. Arrive early parking @ a premium

• Visited June 2014
“Amazing food and pastries as well as environment, otherwise it needs work”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have tried to go and get patries twice in the last week and both times have been unable to. The first time it was slightly understandable, I got there at around 12:30 on friday and the only type of bakery items were the large cakes they sell by a piece. I was really disappointed because I have never has these issues before and absolutely love their chocolate croissant squares (can't remember the actual name of them). I then again was really excited for the pastries and woke up and got ready early so I could get there before they were gone and they weren't even open at around 9:50 despite there hours saying 9-3. I am really disappointed and might try again later but if this continues I won't be coming back, which is really sad because I have been recommending La Maison to people for years.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Kota T
Seattle, Washington
“great breakfast, terrible customer service”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our breakfast was great but they accidentally charged us twice on our credit card. Once we discovered the double charge, I figured they would cooperate and refund the second charge. After several weeks of repeated calls and polite assurances that they would get back to us, they never refunded the charge nor did they bother to call back even once. On my final call, the politeness disappeared and they hung up on me while I was still speaking. I would expect a restaurant to correct an error like this immediately -- not ignore it for weeks and especially not to hang up on a paying customer. I'll eat elsewhere next time I'm in Newport.

• Visited July 2014