“Turned away for breakfast on Sunday at 11:40”
Review of La Maison

La Maison
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

According to all reviews this place is great. I wouldn't know however because when u arrived on a Sunday at 11:40 AM I was told they were no longer taking tables even though therevwas space available. The sign said Sunday breakfast lasted until noon and I reconfirmed by asking the busy woman behind the counter....therefore I'm confused.as to why.I was turned away. Maybe because they were tired and it was just myself so the profit margin wasn't worth it.to them?? Whatever the reason, I was very disappointed because I'm from out of town and was really looking forward to coming here. Personally I find it ridiculous. They should change.there hours to end at 1130. Bad PR

3  Thank larkint

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I normally can't stomach eggs benedict; just don't like most of the hollandaise sauces I've had in the past. La Maison's hollandaise sauce is divine. You must try breakfast here at least once if you're in the area; you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Homemade english muffin, perfect crispy bacon, artichoke heart, perfectly cooked egg and the most fabulous holindase sauce ever! Try it once and you will become addicted. They also offer wonderful homemade cakes, pastery &, breads. Espresso machine for your caffine needs. Small cozy inside with friendly staff and owners. They serve dinner on occasion. They open at 9:00am so be there a few minutes early for a seat, it fills up fast.

1  Thank Tina K
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We hit La Maison on our way out of town this weekend. It was Sunday morning and super busy. We arrived at 8:55 (they open at 9) and there were already 3 cars in the parking lot. I asked, and the waitresses said this is commonplace for them, so go early or prepare to wait.

At any rate, it was very good. We had coffee and water very fast, and our orders were placed very quickly. Our food arrived very quickly considering how busy it was. Even with it being completely full, the staff didn't seem stressed at all. Very good service!

I had the salmon eggs Benedict dish and it was really, really tasty. I would certainly have it again. My husband had the french toast with caramelized bananas... oh my... this dish will change your life. Very sweet, but delicious. I had a few bites for "dessert". No way we could have finished everything on our plates without injuring ourselves. The portions were fairly large, but not huge.

We can't wait to go back for their lunch menu!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Recently I stopped at La Maison for the second time, as I passed through Newport on a business trip. Both visits, one at breakfast time, the other for lunch, were delightful experiences. It is truly a pleasure to see what a little creative care can do to an omelet and a hamburger. The pastries I took away with me were also excellent. I strongly recommend this small restaurant, located just one block off the main highway – and look forward to my next excuse to drive through Newport during La Maison’s serving hours.

1  Thank CandM_Manager