“Oh, baby!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Owasso, Oklahoma
“Oh, baby!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I are well traveled and enjoy diverse culinary experiences (and just plain 'ol good food if it is exceptional!). While passing through Newport on the way to Yachplats, we stopped in for breakfast at La Maison (because of good reviews). Without hyperbole, Cliff--the owner---has one of the best breakfast restaurants on the planet!--and I've been a lot of places on globe. Who could imagine finding such a French cuisine inspired treasure outside a major metropolitan area! This is the real deal, folks. My wife and I had the very reasonably priced Egg Sardou--a glorified (and glorious) version of Eggs Benedict with artichoke bottoms. Incredible.
La Maison reminds me of quaint eateries in places like Carmel, CA. Only better. Unmatched quality of food, texture and attention to detail. And owner Cliff is a really great guy, too. If you miss this special dining experience, well---just don't!

• Visited January 2013

“This Bistro is a Treasure!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We just had the most wonderful experience at La Maison! We ordered the banana french toast and a savory ham and cheese croissant for breakfast. Wow! What a treat! I cannot rave enough about the quality. We were so impressed that we ordered 3 treats to bring home. The moment we walked in the door we were treated as if we were life long friends. This little bistro has won a special place in my heart. We will definitely visit again! Hopefully tomorrow! One final comment: As we were paying our bill the chef offered a complimentary taste of his chowder. It. Was. Heaven. The best!

Oregon
“A scrumptious place for brunch”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Jeff B speaks truth. Marvelous pastries, possibly the best coffee on the coast, and excellent bread all served by a staff who clearly love what they do.

• Visited January 2013
“Beautiful food and friendly service.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had lunch here and returned for breakfast the next day. Everything was so good! Take some of their delicious baked goods to go after you enjoy your meal.

New York City, New York
“Chef has anger issues”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have always enjoyed coming here for breakfast. The eggs are mediocre, but it is a nice atmosphere, the pastries are fabulous and the bananas and cream and hazelnuts are a nice touch.

My sense is that it is run by a husband and wife and she does the amazing pastries and works as a the server, while he cooks. Unfortunately, on our last visit, she wasn't there.

My dad didn't like the way his eggs had been cooked. He asked for them 'soft' and, as a result, they were still really overcooked on one side, but raw on the inside. The chef uses a pan that is too hot for what my dad likes (and WAY too much fat for what I like). My dad sent them back. The second were the same as the first and my dad said he'd order something else. The chef came out. He was very mad at my dad, and he started picking up pieces of the omelette and throwing them on the plate and told me dad he would eat it because he would pay for it.

It was REALLY creepy. A little scary. I really don't like someone talking to my dad like that, but I also felt really powerless. While I love their pastries, this was really, really creepy and we won't go back.!

• Visited December 2012