“This was a find.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Maison

La Maison
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Orchard, Washington
“This was a find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Based on reviews from this site, a friend and I went for breakfast on a recent visit to the coast.
The place is in a former house; it is charming and clean inside with good parking to the side.
We both ordered coffee and "Crepes-Chamboard". The crepes were stuffed with artichokes, ham, Gruyere cheese, and topped with a cheese sauce. They were filling, rich, delicious.
Our fruit prior to the crepes was sliced bananas in cream wth raw sugar sprinkled on top. Tasty and unusual.
Our coffee was also excellent.
My friend has traveled in France. We both enjoy good food. We were both pleased with the atmosphere and the food. The owner is on premises and was pleasant; the chef is her husband. The chef can be "watched" as he prepares food.
The crepes ran $10.50.
For us, this was a "find". The food was excellent at a reasonable price.
There is a monthly evening meal available. It would be great to attend one of the evenings. Alas, being out of staters, that will likely not happen. I would also like to try one of the divine and decadent looking desserts available there. Another day for each.

• Visited May 2011

BC, Canada
“Disappointing - a very ordinary restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

Went for lunch expecting something special after reading previous reviews. Their breakfasts may be great but the lunch menu was totally uninspiring, not listing even one attractive looking seafood item - most unusual in Newport. During our very ordinary lunch a singer/musician attempted to entertain guests from an awkwardly placed chair near the entrance, but even if we had wanted this, she was frequently outmatched by several screaming kids. There are many better places to have lunch in Newport.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank SojournerBC
Newport, Oregon
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I wanted to love this restaurant, but my lunch wouldn't let me. While my fiends enjoyed their lunch sandwich, ,I having tried the Chicken Cordon Bleu, found that it was really disappointing ~and I am no food snob by any means. Unfortunately, the dish appeared to have been sitting for some time ( a rather long time) before being warmed up for me. The chicken was over-cooked, dry and the inner layer was not real tasty. Unusual for me, I left half and remarked to the waitress ~ when at last she came to ask us if we needed a box for left-overs ~ that I found the dish really overcooked, she didn't respond at all. With ice tea and tip, my lunch was $25. I live here and and unlikely to return since there are so many really good restaurants in Newport. Really sorry that La Maison did not live up to its reputation the day I visited.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Abbey0
Nonya
“Easily the best restraunt in Newport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

This place is just adorable, and the food is amazing. A friend of mine recommended this place, and I am so glad that she did.

A friend and I went in for breakfast. It might have been one of THE best breakfasts I have ever had the privilege of eating. I ordered the eggs sardou (the waitress told me it was her favorite). I couldn't agree more. The homemade english muffin was out of this world. Nothing like the ones you buy in packages at the store. The Hollandaise sauce was fantastic, and the the bacon was delicious.

Our server was sweet and informative, we were so pleased to find out that the lady chef was also the owner! Can't wait to try lunch, as, I am sure its equally as amazing as breakfast!

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank Ilovefood82
Portland, OR
“Il est magnifique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is a Newport gem! I have yet to have something sub-par there. The pastries are delicious, the bred fantastic! I love the Banana French Toast. It is almost like a Bananas Foster in a way. Creamy goodness!

And I can't forget to mention the fruit of the day smothered in cream. Doesn't get any better!

The cafe has a good selection of teas, if you like tea. And the espresso drinks are also good.

You won't go wrong here.

The atmosphere is cute, but the cafe is small. If you go there and it is full, I guarantee it is worth the wait! You won't be disappointed!

A definite "must" if you are visiting Newport!

1 Thank KaceyB